NAHS soccer facing tough portion of schedule
New Albany has a tough road ahead of them as they are set to play three matches this week, two of which are in divisional play. New Albany was in action last week, taking on Senatobia and North Pontotoc.
New Albany 3 Senatobia 1 (girls)
The New Albany High School Lady ‘Dawgs soccer team closed out the year with a 3-1 win over Senatobia Tuesday evening.
Estefany Fernandez scored the first two goals for New Albany, with the first off a pass from Jenna Davis.
Fernandez converted the second on a feed from Callie Creekore. Creekmore also had an assist on the final goal, scored by Randi Stevens.
New Albany 3 Senatobia 1 (boys)
The Bulldogs were able to mirror the results from the girls game earlier in the day, as New Albany defeated Senatobia 3-1 last Tuesday.
Brian Gonzalez struck frist for New Albany, as he was assisted by Alejandro Chavez in the 36th minute.
Tucker Holmes took the feed from Jacob Rowland to give New Albany their second score of the game just four minutes later.
The Bulldogs completed their scoring attack in the 60th minute, as senior Karl David Capaning scored unassisted to insure the win for New Albany.
North Pontotoc 2 New Albany 0 (boys)
The Bulldogs were shut out Saturday in their first ever loss to North Pontotoc, as New Albany dropped the 2-0 decision.
After a scoreless first half, the Vikings scored two in the second period to improve to 7-2-2 on the year.
John Luke Denton scored both goals for the Vikings, and was assisted by Gabriel Fernandez on one of those.
New Albany 2 North Pontotoc 0 (girls)
The Lady ‘Dawgs registered another win with a 2-0 victory over North Pontotoc Saturday.
The first goal was scored by Estafany Fernandez, who was assisted by Shelby brown.
The second was tallied when randi Stevens took a pass from Brown and found the back of the net.
This was the fifth shutout of the season for the defense of the Lady ‘Dawgs.
New Albany rescheduled their match with Saltillo that was to be played December 9. Due to inclimate weather, that match has again been rescheduled, this time for Saturday, January 24.
The Lady Bulldogs will face off versus the Lady Tigers at 1 p.m., with the boys game following at 3 p.m.
The Bulldogs are now 9-3 on the year, while the Lady ‘Dawgs are 10-2.
New Albany will play three more matches this week, as they will be on the road at West Point on Tuesday before hosting New Hope on Friday and Corinth on Saturday.
Lady Bulldog head coach Les Huntington contributed with this story.
About Chris Elkins
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...