Union County Heritage museum changes business hours
Beginning in January 2009, new hours at the Union County Heritage Museum will be 9 a.m. until 4 p.m. Tuesday through Friday and 10 a.m. until 3 p.m. on Saturday. In addition, this is the final week for the exotic animal exhibit featuring the mounts and animals collected by the late Chico Foote. This exhibit closes Saturday, January10, 2009.
An exhibit titled “The Eclectic Art of Katherine Dye” will open on Sunday, January 18, 2009. Dye taught art classes at the New Albany Middle School and New Albany High School from 1966 to 1982. Dye is experienced in many different art forms. She said, “You name it and I have done it or tried it. I also use all different kinds of mediums.”
On exhibit will be some cut paper designs, oil and acrylic paintings, watercolor, some prints from historical buildings in New Albany, etc. Also, an original oil painting from 1989 of the Union County Courthouse will be on display.
Some of the art on display will be from her time going to school at Blue Mountain College and Ole Miss. Dye will be the speaker at the monthly “Museum Moments” at the museum on February 19, 2009 at noon.
About Chris Elkins
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County selects Service First Champion July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner July 29, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series