Union County Heritage museum changes business hours
Beginning in January 2009, new hours at the Union County Heritage Museum will be 9 a.m. until 4 p.m. Tuesday through Friday and 10 a.m. until 3 p.m. on Saturday. In addition, this is the final week for the exotic animal exhibit featuring the mounts and animals collected by the late Chico Foote. This exhibit closes Saturday, January10, 2009.
An exhibit titled “The Eclectic Art of Katherine Dye” will open on Sunday, January 18, 2009. Dye taught art classes at the New Albany Middle School and New Albany High School from 1966 to 1982. Dye is experienced in many different art forms. She said, “You name it and I have done it or tried it. I also use all different kinds of mediums.”
On exhibit will be some cut paper designs, oil and acrylic paintings, watercolor, some prints from historical buildings in New Albany, etc. Also, an original oil painting from 1989 of the Union County Courthouse will be on display.
Some of the art on display will be from her time going to school at Blue Mountain College and Ole Miss. Dye will be the speaker at the monthly “Museum Moments” at the museum on February 19, 2009 at noon.
About Chris Elkins
- Urchins run over Royals September 24, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes September 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights September 29, 2016
- The Playhouse September 29, 2016
- New web site allows better public access to campaign finance reports September 29, 2016
- East Union Attendance Center 2016 Homecoming Court September 29, 2016
- City sales revenue continues upswing September 29, 2016
- First solar energy farm here gets PSC approval September 29, 2016
- Ignoring burn ban can cost you money September 29, 2016
- BNA Bank converting former bus station into new mortgage center September 29, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...