Union County Heritage museum changes business hours
Beginning in January 2009, new hours at the Union County Heritage Museum will be 9 a.m. until 4 p.m. Tuesday through Friday and 10 a.m. until 3 p.m. on Saturday. In addition, this is the final week for the exotic animal exhibit featuring the mounts and animals collected by the late Chico Foote. This exhibit closes Saturday, January10, 2009.
An exhibit titled “The Eclectic Art of Katherine Dye” will open on Sunday, January 18, 2009. Dye taught art classes at the New Albany Middle School and New Albany High School from 1966 to 1982. Dye is experienced in many different art forms. She said, “You name it and I have done it or tried it. I also use all different kinds of mediums.”
On exhibit will be some cut paper designs, oil and acrylic paintings, watercolor, some prints from historical buildings in New Albany, etc. Also, an original oil painting from 1989 of the Union County Courthouse will be on display.
Some of the art on display will be from her time going to school at Blue Mountain College and Ole Miss. Dye will be the speaker at the monthly “Museum Moments” at the museum on February 19, 2009 at noon.
About Chris Elkins
- Watkins is DAISY nursing award winner November 29, 2016
- Myrtle Christmas parade will be Friday night November 29, 2016
- Community holiday meal expected to feed 1,200 Dec. 17 November 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- New Albany Garden Club December 1, 2016
- Chamberlin loses county but wins election December 1, 2016
- Finally, no flooding December 1, 2016
- Myrtle Tree of Hope to add local children December 1, 2016
- Library program offers book gift idea for the holidays December 1, 2016
- NA Christmas parade may still be in the works December 1, 2016
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...