Ingomar splits contests with Okolona
Things are coming together piece-by-piece for the Ingomar Lady Falcons.
Saturday night’s pieces of the puzzle came in the form of a pair of double-doubles from Brittany Edwards and Shelly Grisham.
“Brittany, Shelly, and Claire (Wise) were behind our guard play at the start of the season, but they have been working real hard to get better… they are a lot of the reason we have been playing a lot better here lately,” Ingomar head coach Richard Byrd.
Grisham had a breakout game scoring 16 points and collecting 10 rebounds while Edwards netted 13 points and grabbed 12 rebounds in the Lady Falcons 67-53 region victory over the Okolona Lady Chieftains.
“Shelly has come a long way because she hasn’t played since she was in the eight grade,” Byrd. “She is starting to become a player we can count on and is going to start playing a lot more for us.”
Ingomar took a 35-27 halftime lead before outscoring Okolona 14-9 in the third quarter to take a 49-36 lead into the fourth. The Lady Falcons matched Okolona shot-for-shot in the final frame to pick up the 14-point victory to improve to 8-12 on the season and more importantly remain unbeaten with a 2-0 record in region play.
“In our division we are all about the same so ever win is crucial,” Byrd. “We have to play hard ever game because in our division you can win them all or you can lose them all if you don’t.”
Maggie Cobb scored a team-high 17, Grisham 16, Edwards 13, Kayla Stevens 12, Lyndi Kidd 7, and Claire Wise added 2 points. Quinndella Ford scored a game-high 29 while Latifah Boone added 14 points for the Lady Chieftains.
Okolona 47 Ingomar 45 (B)
Ingomar tied the game at 44-44 with 2:25 left in the fourth on a Matt Purvis jumper, but Okolona finished three-of-four from the free throw line in the final minute of the game to pick up the 47-45 region victory.
David Gardner connected on a pair of free throws with 16.6 seconds left in the game to give the Chieftains the two-point lead.
Ingomar had one last possession on their end of the floor with 5.4 left on the clock, but a bad pass on their final play saw the play roll into the backcourt and time expired on the Falcons.
Purvis scored a team-high 19, Zach Carnell 10, Clay Kidd 7, Tanner McCollum 4, Tyler McKay and Austin Owens added 2 each while Steven Foster scored 1 point for the Falcons.
Marquez Conway led all scorers with 18 for Okolona.
About Chris Elkins
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- The Playhouse July 28, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- ‘Paid in Full’ to give 25th anniversary concert July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series
- ‘Paid in Full’ to give 25th anniversary concert