Myrtle destroys Strayhorn, WU downs Walnut
West Union 50 Walnut 30
The Lady Eagles bounced back into the win column with a 20-point victory over Walnut Tuesday night.
Kimberly Jumper and April Rollins both scored 11 for West Union, followed by Robyn Taylor with 10.
West Union’s defense held Walnut to single digits in scoring for the first three quarters, as they only allowed 16 points at the half, while opening a 25-16 lead at the break.
The Lady Eagles pulled away with a 10-3 advantage in the third to improve to 16-5 on the year.
Becky Robinson was the leading scorer for Walnut with 10 points on the night.
Andy Kirk’s squad will next be in action on Thursday as they will have a rematch with Myrtle in the opening round of the Union County Tournament. The Lady Hawks bettered West Union 63-45 back in December. Thursday night’s showdown is set for an 8:30 tipoff.
Mantachie 63 East Union 47
East Union fell to 1-2 in division play as they lost o the road versus Mantachie 63-47.
After trailing 14-8 after the first frame, the Lady Urchins pulled to within four at the break, 28-24. Mantachie came out from the half and outscored East Union 20-14 in the third, and were led on the night by Callie Lindsey, who had 18 points in the winning effort.
Trailing 48-38 after three, East Union could not keep up the offensive effort, as they only managed nine points in the final quarter.
Stephanie Dillard led the Lady Urchins with 13 on the night.
Also scoring in double digits for Mantachie were Porsha Thomas with 12 and Nikki Michael with 10.
East Union falls to 4-16 on the season and will host the Union County Tournament this weekend. The Lady Urchins will open the tourney taking on Ingomar at 5:30 p.m. on Thursday.
Myrtle 64 Strayhorn 10
The Lady Hawks showed nothing but dominance as they soared over Strayhorn 64-10 Tuesday night.
Myrtle’s tough defense only allowed two points in the first three quarters, while piling on 42 before the half.
The 54-point deficit is the largest of the season for Myrtle, who improves to 19-3 on the year, 3-0 in division play.
Amber Williamson led the Lady Hawks with 14 points along with six assists. Diana Suarez had 11 points with five assists, and Aspriona Gilbert rounded out the scoring with 10 points and eight rebounds.
Myrtle will face West Union Thursday night in the opening round of the Union County Tournament. Tipoff is set for 8:30 p.m..
About Chris Elkins
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 27, 2016
- Macedonia news July 27, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news July 27, 2016
- Required vaccinations safe and reliable July 27, 2016
- Local swimmers compete in long course state meet July 27, 2016
- Tax-free weekend coming up July 27, 2016
- Health officer reminds parents about required school vaccinations. July 27, 2016
- Supervisors ask for bridge redesign to lower construction costs July 27, 2016
- Get a year’s worth of news for only $29 July 27, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...