NAHS soccer sweeps Tish. Co.
New Albany 7 Tish. County 0 (girls)
After a tough loss to Corinth last week, NAHS rebounded with a 7-0 win over Tishomingo County.
Jenna Davis opened the scoring when she converted a Kellie Skinner cross. Shelby Brown quickly followed with her first of four goals off a pass from Estefany Fernandez. Shelby’s other goals were one unassisted and two from the penalty spot.
In between the penalty shots, Fernandez took another of Skinner’s crosses finding the back of the net with a sizzling curving shot.
The ladies closed out the scoring when Callie Creekmore passed the ball to Kelsey Hodges, who put it past the keeper.
Led by Paige Zahller, Katie Luna, Randi Stevens, Carly Grisham, Jasmine Buclon and Wendy Almaguer, the New Albany defense registered their seventh shut out for the season.
The Lady ‘Dawgs are now 12-3 (3-1) on the year.
New Albany 4 Tish. County 0 (boys)
Carlos Zaragoza led New Albany to their 11th win of the season as the Bulldogs shut out Tishomingo County 4-0.
Zaragoza had three goals on the night, while Karl David Capaning netted one as well.
Assisting on the goals were Jacob Rowland with two assists, along with Sam Cooper and Alejandro Chavez.
The Bulldogs are now 11-4 on the season, 2-1 in division play.
New Albany will play three straight days this weekend, as they will be on the road in a make-up game versus West Point Thursday before hosting Pontotoc on Friday and another match with the Green Wave slated for Saturday.
About Chris Elkins
- First-graders tour career and technical center October 25, 2016
- Grand jury hears near-record number of cases October 25, 2016
- ‘Sharing at Christmas’ sign-up under way but contributions not yet coming in October 25, 2016
- Yes, Haunted Forest has evil clowns October 25, 2016
- Former city court clerk arrested October 25, 2016
- Urchins travel to Walnut for season finale October 27, 2016
- Ingomar swimmers to compete at state championships October 27, 2016
- East Union vs Potts Camp Football Photos October 26, 2016
- Division Dominance October 26, 2016
- County officials extend burn ban October 25, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...