Donie P. Rakestraw
Donie P. Rakestraw will celebrate her 100th birthday on February 14, 2009. She is the daughter of Melinda and Zack Pickens. Rakestarw was born February 14, 1909, still lives at home by herself and enjoys crocheting and cooking Sunday dinner. She has outlived all 10 of her brothers and sisters, her two children and husband. Friends and family will attend the birthday celebration.
Pictured from left to right, bottom row: Susan Rakestraw, Zoee Rakestraw, Claden Rakestraw, Donie Rakestraw, Reese Ruth, and Nick Rakestraw. From left to right, back row: Jason Ruth, Christy R. Pitts, Sunni Rakestraw, Starla R. Ruth, Skyla Rakestraw and Kylee Sue. Not pictured are Bobbie, Tim, Wally, Joyce, and Amber Rakestraw.
About Chris Elkins
- Watkins is DAISY nursing award winner November 29, 2016
- Myrtle Christmas parade will be Friday night November 29, 2016
- Community holiday meal expected to feed 1,200 Dec. 17 November 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- New Albany Garden Club December 1, 2016
- Chamberlin loses county but wins election December 1, 2016
- Finally, no flooding December 1, 2016
- Myrtle Tree of Hope to add local children December 1, 2016
- Library program offers book gift idea for the holidays December 1, 2016
- NA Christmas parade may still be in the works December 1, 2016
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...