Liberty School December meeting
Liberty school former students, family members, and supporters met December 16, 2008 for the annual Christmas covered-dish dinner and fellowship. Lil Grisham welcomed the 22 attendees. Prior to the dinner, E. M. Herring led the invocation/blessing.
Following the dinner, a brief business session included November meeting minutes read by Joanne Gaines and the financial report given by Jewel Rowan.
Attendees each bought a Christmas gift and a donation for the school fund. Christmas gifts were exchanged through the numbering of and drawing for each gift. A group picture of those present was taken by Bobby Henry.
Damon Herring, Frances Herring, and Victoria Rakestraw were unable to attend the meeting due to illnesses. Jean Herring celebrated a December birthday. Sympathy is expressed to the family of Eddie Treadaway. Sympathy is also expressed to the family of Cleo Herring. Mr. Herring was born in 1918, attended Liberty school, and was 90 years of age at the time of his death in December. He supported Liberty school meetings and enjoyed attending as often as possible. The meeting concluded with the benediction of Virgil Herring.
The next school meeting and covered-dish dinner will be held on Tuesday, January 20, 2009 beginning at 6 p.m. Entertainment will be provided by “New Creations.” Members of “New Creations” are Denise Allen, Holly Foster, Amanda Moore, Brad Pannell. Pat Rakestraw, and Ashley Rutherford. Everyone is welcome. February meeting entertainment will be provided by the “Moonstones.”
About Chris Elkins
- Urchins run over Royals September 24, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes September 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights September 29, 2016
- The Playhouse September 29, 2016
- New web site allows better public access to campaign finance reports September 29, 2016
- East Union Attendance Center 2016 Homecoming Court September 29, 2016
- City sales revenue continues upswing September 29, 2016
- First solar energy farm here gets PSC approval September 29, 2016
- Ignoring burn ban can cost you money September 29, 2016
- BNA Bank converting former bus station into new mortgage center September 29, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...