When I sat down to write a little news as I usually do the word change kept crossing my mind. I don’t know why but the more I thought about it the more evidence I could see in life’s pathway. The schedule of the day before one may already be in place but some things could happen very quickly and some of the plans had to be changed. The schedule had been interrupted which required revision of some of the days activities. It is in the pathway of life. Some of the plans have to be rescheduled because of circumstances beyond our control had interfered and other ways had to be worked out.
We are getting on in the start of another new year and maybe some of the mistakes made in the past can be avoided after reflecting on them and doing better the coming year.
We have been having a different speaker for the Sunday services at Salem for our pastor is in training for a few Weeks at Maxwell Air Force Base. He will be in his pulpit soon and the other speakers will be relieved of that fill in for him.
It was a little on the cool side Sunday for people who were not up to par to go out to church Sunday but Mrs.Elsie Wallace has been so faithful to attend pretty regularly since she has felt some better. Mr. Tom Davis, who was a regular before his misfortune of a fall that resulted in a broken bones. He had to be out while he was recuperating. He was able to be back in his pew Sunday which was so good to be back. He has been missed with the smile as he enters the sanctuary, Curtis and Laverne Burchfield of Bethel church made it back in their church after so much disability lately. We are glad they are able to do that. They have had a pretty bad time physically in the past year. Hopefully it will be a better year for them in 2009.
David Fortune from Texas made a trip back home to his mothers’ and Bobby Joe’s house for a short time over the weekend. He made the trip safely and got back home in Texas and called to relatives here he was home safely.
The youth (4th thru 7th grade) of West Union school basketball students enjoyed all the games at the tournament during the weekend at Myrtle. They placed second. They played hard for this position. They were thrilled to get a trophy. Milan of Tupelo was first place winner.
Tom and Shelby were supper guests “by invitation” in the home of Delene Kirk Sunday night.
They enjoyed the meal very much and the fellowship with them.
Don’t ever give up your dreams…and never leave them behind. Find them, make them yours, all through your life, cherish them, and never let them go.
About Chris Elkins
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- The Playhouse July 28, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- ‘Paid in Full’ to give 25th anniversary concert July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series
- ‘Paid in Full’ to give 25th anniversary concert