Sherman’s latest addition to the Fire Department is its Rescue truck which is referred to as Sherman Rescue One. This emergency medical service special operations unit vehicle is equipped with Jaws of Life, airbags for lifting vehicles to pull someone trapped beneath, hazmat suits, and more. The Sherman Fire Department has 25 members of which several are volunteer certified. Seventeen of those are Emergency Medical Responders (EMR) for the medical calls and 9-1-1 life threatening situations. The police department also responds to these calls. All the police department personnel, along with employees of the town public works and water department, are all members of the fire department.
Six of the fire department volunteers now work at least 6-hour rotating shifts on the weekends.
In the spring, Sherman fire department volunteers will be participating in a rope rescue certification class to be certified in repelling, etc.
Sherman Fire Department Chief and Pontotoc County Fire Coordinator Terry Wages stated, “Sherman is the second department in the county able to do auto extrication and special rescue along with Pontotoc Fire department.”
The Tri-County Baptist Brotherhood was held Sunday, Jan. 25, with Malcolm Leath as the speaker.
The Tri-County Baptist Ladies Fellowship will be Tuesday evening, Feb. 3, at 6:45 p.m.
Bro. Joe Connell should return Tuesday from his month long mission trip to Africa.
A singing school for the young men of Sherman Church of Christ will start Sunday afternoon, Feb. 1, at 5 p.m. and will be led by Ray Kennedy.
A 2nd birthday party will be held for Jacob Gore Saturday, Feb. 7, with a “Thomas, the train theme,” at the Sherman Church of Christ fellowship building.
A baby shower for Brandy Boykin will be held Sunday, Feb. 8, at 2 p.m. in the fellowship hall of Sherman Church of Christ.
The deadline for the Sherman Baptist youth to sign up for summer camp is Wednesday, Jan. 28. The student life summer camp will be June 27 – July 1 in Ruston, LA, with Wade Morris as the speaker. This is for youth grades 7 – 12.
Sherman Baptist Brotherhood will be held Monday, Feb. 9.
The WMU will meet Feb. 13 in the home of Jane Westmoreland at 12:30 p.m.
The Waterbrook men’s retreat will be held in Oxford Feb. 6 and 7.
Sympathy is extended to Paris Deloris Miller in the death of her mother, Janice D. Miller, who died Monday, Jan. 19, at Community Hospice House in Verona.
About Chris Elkins
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- The Playhouse July 28, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- ‘Paid in Full’ to give 25th anniversary concert July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series
- ‘Paid in Full’ to give 25th anniversary concert