Sherman’s latest addition to the Fire Department is its Rescue truck which is referred to as Sherman Rescue One. This emergency medical service special operations unit vehicle is equipped with Jaws of Life, airbags for lifting vehicles to pull someone trapped beneath, hazmat suits, and more. The Sherman Fire Department has 25 members of which several are volunteer certified. Seventeen of those are Emergency Medical Responders (EMR) for the medical calls and 9-1-1 life threatening situations. The police department also responds to these calls. All the police department personnel, along with employees of the town public works and water department, are all members of the fire department.
Six of the fire department volunteers now work at least 6-hour rotating shifts on the weekends.
In the spring, Sherman fire department volunteers will be participating in a rope rescue certification class to be certified in repelling, etc.
Sherman Fire Department Chief and Pontotoc County Fire Coordinator Terry Wages stated, “Sherman is the second department in the county able to do auto extrication and special rescue along with Pontotoc Fire department.”
The Tri-County Baptist Brotherhood was held Sunday, Jan. 25, with Malcolm Leath as the speaker.
The Tri-County Baptist Ladies Fellowship will be Tuesday evening, Feb. 3, at 6:45 p.m.
Bro. Joe Connell should return Tuesday from his month long mission trip to Africa.
A singing school for the young men of Sherman Church of Christ will start Sunday afternoon, Feb. 1, at 5 p.m. and will be led by Ray Kennedy.
A 2nd birthday party will be held for Jacob Gore Saturday, Feb. 7, with a “Thomas, the train theme,” at the Sherman Church of Christ fellowship building.
A baby shower for Brandy Boykin will be held Sunday, Feb. 8, at 2 p.m. in the fellowship hall of Sherman Church of Christ.
The deadline for the Sherman Baptist youth to sign up for summer camp is Wednesday, Jan. 28. The student life summer camp will be June 27 – July 1 in Ruston, LA, with Wade Morris as the speaker. This is for youth grades 7 – 12.
Sherman Baptist Brotherhood will be held Monday, Feb. 9.
The WMU will meet Feb. 13 in the home of Jane Westmoreland at 12:30 p.m.
The Waterbrook men’s retreat will be held in Oxford Feb. 6 and 7.
Sympathy is extended to Paris Deloris Miller in the death of her mother, Janice D. Miller, who died Monday, Jan. 19, at Community Hospice House in Verona.
About Chris Elkins
- Urchins outrun Bears in jamboree win August 18, 2016
- Klarksyn Denise Coleman birth announcement August 23, 2016
- Wilder to celebrate 90th birthday August 23, 2016
- Purvis couple celebrates 70th wedding anniversary August 23, 2016
- Hurricane news August 23, 2016
- Long ball drops Lady Hawks August 23, 2016
- Latest city school test scores good August 23, 2016
- Multi-faceted author John Hailman to be guest speaker at Faulkner Literary Luncheon August 23, 2016
- Delinquent tax land sale something of misnomer August 23, 2016
- Paul Rainey museum program returns by popular demand August 23, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...