Hello my fellow Urchins! It is hard to believe that we are almost finished with the month of January!
We would like to extend congratulations to those who participated in the county-wide Reading Fair at Myrtle on Friday, January 23rd. Among first place winners were Carol Coker, Savannah Alexander, Anna Clayton, and Savanna Harlow. They will compete in the Regional competition in Oxford. Way to work hard participants! Also, congrats go out to Jacob Pilcher for taking first in the school-wide Geography Bee on Friday! Good job!
Monday, January 26th, our very own Zach Rowan participated in the county-wide Spelling Bee. We know that he did a spectacular job and we could not be P-R-O-U-D-E-R!
On Thursday, January 29th, the fifth grade classes will be celebrating with a D.A.R.E. graduation. There will be special guest speakers to commemorate the hard work the kids have put into the program to make it such a success.
Friday, January 30th, there will be a special Senior Beta Induction Ceremony to welcome new member into the club. These new members will be honored into this very prestigious club. Congrats on your hard work students!
Our High School basketball teams have a full week of playing! Tuesday, January 27th, they faced county opponents West Union at EU! On Friday, January 30th, they traveled all the way to Strayhorn to face the Mustangs. Finally, Saturday, January 31st, the Urchins will participate in the Prentiss County Shootout, while the Lady Urchins play in the Roberson’s Sportswear Tournament. We wish both of our teams the best of luck and scores will be posted at a later date.
The Junior High basketball teams have their final game of the season on Thursday, January 29th! Come out and support them in their final game against West Union at WU!
Last but not least on our sports, the Urchin bowling teams have matches at New Albany on Thursday the 29th against Pontotoc. Good luck to all our athletic teams!
The verses of the week come from Galatians 5:22-23 says, “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Against such there is no law.” Each and every day we need to strive to live in these fruits. Through trusting God and asking for Him to guide us in our everyday lives, we can trust that He will help us each and every day in our walks with Him! I hope everyone has a wonderful week! God bless and remember… IT’S A GREAT DAY TO BE AN URCHIN!
About Chris Elkins
- Urchins run over Royals September 24, 2016
- Eastern Lights September 29, 2016
- The Playhouse September 29, 2016
- New web site allows better public access to campaign finance reports September 29, 2016
- Church honors first responders September 29, 2016
- East Union opens division play at Byers September 30, 2016
- Headed to postseason September 30, 2016
- East Union Attendance Center 2016 Homecoming Court September 29, 2016
- City sales revenue continues upswing September 29, 2016
- First solar energy farm here gets PSC approval September 29, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...