NA board names new park director
After discussing the matter in executive session Tuesday evening, the New Albany Board of Aldermen came back into a public meeting and announced the hire of a new Park and Recreation Director.
“We’ve hired Kevin Crawford,” New Albany Mayor Tim Kent announced. “He has previously worked at the city of Pearl’s Park and Recreation department and received his college degree in Parks and Recreation Management.”
Kent went on to say that Crawford currently serves as a youth minister in Maryland and is looking to move back closer to home and family.
According to the board, Crawford was one of 30 applicants for the job, which had been narrowed down to three persons who were interviewed in December of last year. The decision to hire Crawford comes approximately three months after the board voted to terminate former Park and Recreation Director, Edgar Capaning, citing managerial issues as a reason for the decision.
During its meeting, the board also approved the removal of a three-way stop sign in the Dean Robbins Subdivision at the intersection of Cherry and Manchester. Ward Two Aldermen Larry Sanford made the motion, citing residential complaints that the stop sign was more of a traffic hazard than not having a sign there.
“The residents have said that children playing near the streets have the expectation that cars will stop at the sign,” said Sanford. “Instead, many cars do not stop and therefore, there might as well not be a sign there.”
Sanford suggested that a “Caution, Children Playing” sign be erected instead. The board approved the motion.
Sanford also requested that the board approve an application for a mobile home hardship on the Hodges property behind Bumpers. Sanford said that the trailer would be used to help provide support to two elderly women who are both cancer survivors. The board approved the motion, based on stipulations that the trailer meets city electrical and water regulations and that the property be reviewed annually.
About Chris Elkins
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- The Playhouse July 28, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- ‘Paid in Full’ to give 25th anniversary concert July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series
- ‘Paid in Full’ to give 25th anniversary concert