I hope everyone has had a great week so far. The students here at East Union have been trying to get to Friday. We are ready for the weekend.
The Lady Urchins competed in the Robertson’s Tournament on Saturday, Jan. 31. They fell short in the game against Hickory Flat. The tournament was held for the “Cancer Relay for Life.” All the money earned was given for finding a cure to cancer.
The Lady Urchins and Urchins competed against Strayhorn on Friday, Jan. 30. They were exciting games and both teams left with victories. The boys also competed at Baldwyn on Saturday, Jan. 31 against Thrasher. It was a neck-to-neck game until Thrasher came out on top at the end by one point. The girls and boys competed on Monday, Feb. 3 against Baldwyn. This was also senior night for the Urchins. Results and comments will be posted at a later time. They will be traveling to Smithville on Thursday, Feb. 5 and Hickory Flat on Friday, Feb. 6. The division tournament will be held at East Union next week, Monday, Feb. 9-Friday, Feb. 13. Good luck to all the players and coaches.
We would like to commend the contestants Austin Basil, Zach Rowan and Carol Coker for competing in the Union County Spelling Bee. Congratulations to Carol Coker for placing 1st.
TSA will be traveling to Booneville (Northeast) to compete in regional competition on Thursday, Feb. 5. We will be praying for you all.
The DARE graduation was held on Thursday, Jan. 29. East Union would like to congratulate Janna Humphreys for winning the DARE essay. Austin Epting and Carly Mahon did a great job as the DARE role models, as they spoke at the DARE graduation.
Good luck to the East Union Urchins baseball team, who will be hosting the East Union Jamboree on Saturday, Feb. 7. The games should begin at 10 a.m.
Students and parents had a wonderful time last week as Donuts for Dads was held in the East Union cafeteria. It is always a heartwarming sight to see children and their fathers spending time together.
Here is this week’s verse to our readers: “But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherwith he loved us, even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ (by grace ye are saved).” Ephesians 2:4-5
Thought for the week: God is love. Love others as God loves you, even when they do not seem to love back.
About Chris Elkins
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...