I hope everyone has had a great week so far. The students here at East Union have been trying to get to Friday. We are ready for the weekend.
The Lady Urchins competed in the Robertson’s Tournament on Saturday, Jan. 31. They fell short in the game against Hickory Flat. The tournament was held for the “Cancer Relay for Life.” All the money earned was given for finding a cure to cancer.
The Lady Urchins and Urchins competed against Strayhorn on Friday, Jan. 30. They were exciting games and both teams left with victories. The boys also competed at Baldwyn on Saturday, Jan. 31 against Thrasher. It was a neck-to-neck game until Thrasher came out on top at the end by one point. The girls and boys competed on Monday, Feb. 3 against Baldwyn. This was also senior night for the Urchins. Results and comments will be posted at a later time. They will be traveling to Smithville on Thursday, Feb. 5 and Hickory Flat on Friday, Feb. 6. The division tournament will be held at East Union next week, Monday, Feb. 9-Friday, Feb. 13. Good luck to all the players and coaches.
We would like to commend the contestants Austin Basil, Zach Rowan and Carol Coker for competing in the Union County Spelling Bee. Congratulations to Carol Coker for placing 1st.
TSA will be traveling to Booneville (Northeast) to compete in regional competition on Thursday, Feb. 5. We will be praying for you all.
The DARE graduation was held on Thursday, Jan. 29. East Union would like to congratulate Janna Humphreys for winning the DARE essay. Austin Epting and Carly Mahon did a great job as the DARE role models, as they spoke at the DARE graduation.
Good luck to the East Union Urchins baseball team, who will be hosting the East Union Jamboree on Saturday, Feb. 7. The games should begin at 10 a.m.
Students and parents had a wonderful time last week as Donuts for Dads was held in the East Union cafeteria. It is always a heartwarming sight to see children and their fathers spending time together.
Here is this week’s verse to our readers: “But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherwith he loved us, even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ (by grace ye are saved).” Ephesians 2:4-5
Thought for the week: God is love. Love others as God loves you, even when they do not seem to love back.
About Chris Elkins
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- The Playhouse December 6, 2016
- Governor lifts burn ban December 6, 2016
- Deadline for letters to Santa is Friday, Dec. 9 December 6, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news December 6, 2016
- Scenes from Myrtle’s Christmas parade December 6, 2016
- City sets new Christmas parade date for next Tuesday December 6, 2016
- Main Street Association sponsors Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Cooper Park December 6, 2016
- County supervisors hire three employees, discuss potential logging problems December 6, 2016
- MEC’s Mississippi Connection tour visiting here Wednesday December 6, 2016
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Scenes from Myrtle’s Christmas parade
- City sets new Christmas parade date for next Tuesday
- Main Street Association sponsors Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Cooper Park
- County supervisors hire three employees, discuss potential logging problems
- MEC’s Mississippi Connection tour visiting here Wednesday