Here I am once again trying to fill a gap that has been broken once again. My dear friend Johnnie Bell has been diagnosed with cancer and has had surgery and will be having chemo in the near future. She will be unable to write community news so I will attempt to write once again at least for awhile.
Betty Smith and Loretta Easley visited recently with Mary Etta Hill and Ola Messer. They are both up and around the house and love phone calls and company.
Valerie Kelley is not so well these days as she hurt her leg or hip a few months ago and is having to stay close.
Robert Benefield is home from North Mississippi Medical Center after a bout with pneumonia.
Pat Chism is home from North Mississippi Medical Center with heart problems.
Cade and Thad Bell and Cayce Smith spent Wednesday night with their grandmother, Betty Smith while enjoying a holiday from school.
Frances Hill and Eloise Hines visited with Johnnie Bell Saturday at her home in New Albany. They reported she was in good spirits and looking well.
Anne and Ricky Glidewell visited here this Saturday morning. Robbie, Sheyanne and Lauren Frazier had lunch with Loretta, Jamie, David and Sarah on Saturday.
Paula and Haley McCullough of Booneville dropped by for a short visit on Wednesday.
The Brotherhood and Sisterhood of Palestine Baptist Church met Saturday night for their monthly meetings. After the meetings they enjoyed a chili supper and a lot of fun and fellowship.
Pleasant Ridge Baptist Church is enjoying a series of sermons from Revelation. Brother Don Wilson’s sermon was from Revelation 3:1-6 on Promises To Overcomers Living For Jesus.
The Pleasant Ridge Mission team is sponsoring a valentine fund raiser February 14. They will have some gospel music as well.
Pleasant Ridge Brotherhood will have a wildlife supper on March 14. Anyone interested in cooking a dish or supplying a recipe is welcome.
Happy birthday Voncile White, Charlotte Richey, Flora Mae Martin, Larry Bond, Brittany Bridges, Jane Winters, Jason Yarbrough and Jason Jackson.
Congratulations to Jack and Doris Smith and Matt and Michelle McCarver on their wedding anniversaries.
Loretta and Jamie Easley visited Herman and Maxine Easley Sunday afternoon. They are very well able to be up most of the time.
Palestine Baptist will be sponsoring a big Camp Meeting July 3, 4 and 5, so as time goes on you will be hearing more about that big event.
The United Methodist Church now has Sunday evening services at 4:30 P.M. There also will be a Valentine Banquet on February 11 from 6:30 P.M. until 8:30 P.M.
Oh! Yes my friends this is skunk Hollow. So be careful, you might run over some pets in this bottom.
This is Eastern Lights, let me hear from you. This is not just Keownville, Pleasant Ridge, Mt. Olivet and Palestine. It includes Pleasant Hill, Locust Grove, all for he Eastern communities. So please call 534-5482. The home bound enjoy reading the local news.
About Chris Elkins
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County selects Service First Champion July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner July 29, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series