Liberty School News
Lil Grisham welcomed the 45 attendees to the January 20th meeting of Liberty School. Bill Wigington gave the invocation/blessing prior to the covered dish dinner.
In the business session Joanne Gaines read minute from the December meeting and Jewel Rowan gave the financial report.
“New Creations’ from Parks Baptist Church provided entertainment for the evening. Members of the group are: Denise Allen, Holly Foster, Amanda Moore, Brad Pannell, Pat Rakestraw and Ashley Rutherford. Included in their gospel selections were: “What a Lovely Name,” “He’s Still in the Fire,” “I Came Here to Praise the Lord,” “Don’t You Want to Go,” “Where Could I Go,” “Looking for a City,” “I Shall Not be Moved,” “I’ll Fly Away,” “Didn’t it Rain,” “I Found Grace,” “I Know My Name is Written There,” and “I Know My Redeemer Lives.” Thank you, “New Creations” for providing a wonderful program.
Birthdays for the month of January include Gwyn Barkley, Lil Grisham, and Bill Wigington. The audience was asked to remember in their illness: Martha Bryant, Damon Herring, Frances Herring, and Doris Hulsey. Sympathy is extended to the families of James Chism and Paul Coleman.
Visitors for the evening were: Skipper Allen, Gwyn and Wayne Barkley, Dovie Evans, Peyton Foster, Lora and Jerry Pannell, Elaine Roberts, Keith Roberts, Jackson Rutherford, George Sloan, Betty and Norman Treadaway.
The “Moonstones” with Curtis Downs will provide entertainment for the February 17th meeting and the covered-dish dinner will begin at 6 p.m. Everyone is welcome.
About Chris Elkins
- County budget adopted with no change September 22, 2016
- Urchins come from behind to take down Bears September 22, 2016
- Union County runners enjoy top five finishes at Saltillo XC meet September 22, 2016
- First inning flurry leads to West Union win September 22, 2016
- Urchins host New Site on homecoming September 22, 2016
- Urchins run over Royals September 24, 2016
- Lady Urchins bomb Baldwyn in division play September 22, 2016
- School board races shaping up September 22, 2016
- Bank donates clock to Cooper Park September 22, 2016
- County still among lowest in unemployment September 22, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...