Love is in the air at East Union and tons of activities are starting up! On Tuesday, February 3rd, our Urchins and Lady Urchins faced Baldwyn. After a long, hard fight, the girls added another win to their season! The boys persevered through the whole game, but in the end, they came up just a little short. Between games, the teams gathered together to honor the Senior athletes. Thursday, February 5th, the teams played Smithville. Both teams were victorious. Finally, on Friday the 6th, the basketball teams travelled to Hickory Flat to face the Rebels. Although they both played hard, in the end it just was not enough. The Division Tournament started on Monday, February 9th, at our very own EU! The girls faced off with New Site on Monday, and the boys matched up with H.W. Byers on Tuesday. We wish all of our Urchins good luck!
Baseball season kicked off at EU with the East Union Jamboree! EU faced Ingomar in the first game and came out with a win! The second game was between Ingomar and West Union with West Union winning. The third and final game was between EU and West Union. The Urchins took that win, starting off their season right!
The Urchin bowling team has a match on Thursday, February 12th, at Tupelo. We wish them the best of luck! Finally in sports, archery is starting up again! Congrats to all those who made the team and we wish them good luck in their season.
TSA students competed in the Regional TSA competition on Thursday, February 5th, at Northeast. Winners were as follows: Agriculture and Biotechnology- 3rd place- Betsy McCarter, Shannon Dye, and Brooke Hodges; Chapter Team- 3rd place- Brett Pickens, Betsy McCarter, Brooke Smith, Carly Mahon, Tori Garrison, and Logan Treadaway; Film Technology- 4th place- Shannon Dye, Betsy McCarter, and Brooke Hodges; Future Technology Teacher- 4th place- Kayla Cole; Imaging Technology- Finalist- Logan Treadaway; Manufacturing Prototype- 3rd place- Marilyn Magill and Amber Demorest; Promotional Graphics- 4th place- Madison Roaton; Promotional Graphics- 3rd place- Brooke McDowell; Structural Engineering- 2nd place- Daniel Hardy and Austin Copeland; Technical Sketching and Application- 3rd place- Casey McBrayer; Technology Problem Solving- 2nd place- Jacob Charlwood and John Prather. Congrats to all winners!
Friday, February 6th, the 5th, 6th, 8th, and 11th grade history classes went to the Magnolia Civic Center in New Albany to see a one man play on George Washington Carver. It was an outstanding performance and very interactive with the audience.
On Thursday, February 12th, the Anchor club will be visiting Magnolia Nursing Home in New Albany to have a Valentines party for the elderly. We wish them safe travels and lots of fun!
The verse of the week comes from Mark 12:30, “And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength;’ this is the first commandment.” God gave the ultimate gift to us…His Son! All He asks in return is for us to live for Him! Isn’t that the least we can to is love Him enough to live for him? I hope everyone has a wonderful week! God bless and remember, “IT’S A GREAT DAY TO BE AN URCHIN!”
About Chris Elkins
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- The Playhouse July 28, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- ‘Paid in Full’ to give 25th anniversary concert July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series
- ‘Paid in Full’ to give 25th anniversary concert