Ingomar downs Smithville behind Hodges’ 16 strikeouts
Senior Josh Hodges pitched four scoreless innings and struck out 16 Seminole batters in the Flacons 14-4 division win in six innings over Smithville.
Ingomar broke open a scoreless game with five runs in the third off three hits and one error before adding four more runs on four hits in the fourth.
John Logan reached on an one-out double in the fifth and came around to score to give the Falcons 11-0 lead in the fifth, but things got sloppy for the Falcons when the Seminoles plated three runs off three errors to extend the game into the sixth inning.
Hodges, Tanner McCollum, and Ben Fooshee scored in the top of the sixth to give the Falcons a 14-3 lead. Antwune Freeman scored in the bottom half of the inning, but Hodges struck out two of the next three batters to seal the victory.
Ingomar strung together nine hits while Smithville only managed three on the night.
Hodges also had a solid night at the dish going 2-for-2 with two singles, reached on a pair walks and scored three runs. Fooshee 2-for-3 with a pair of singles and reached on an error and scored two runs. McCollum scored a trio of runs and Logan added two while Austin Gregory, Clay Kidd, and Preston Broom added one run each.
Brett Bridges was saddled with the loss for Smithville.
Ingomar is scheduled to take travel to Tremont on Tuesday before returning home for a double-header against Tremont and Calhoun City on Friday, but Mother Nature might have the final say in the Falcons’ week.
About Chris Elkins
- First-graders tour career and technical center October 25, 2016
- Grand jury hears near-record number of cases October 25, 2016
- ‘Sharing at Christmas’ sign-up under way but contributions not yet coming in October 25, 2016
- Yes, Haunted Forest has evil clowns October 25, 2016
- Former city court clerk arrested October 25, 2016
- Urchins travel to Walnut for season finale October 27, 2016
- Ingomar swimmers to compete at state championships October 27, 2016
- East Union vs Potts Camp Football Photos October 26, 2016
- Division Dominance October 26, 2016
- County officials extend burn ban October 25, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...