Ingomar downs Smithville behind Hodges’ 16 strikeouts
Senior Josh Hodges pitched four scoreless innings and struck out 16 Seminole batters in the Flacons 14-4 division win in six innings over Smithville.
Ingomar broke open a scoreless game with five runs in the third off three hits and one error before adding four more runs on four hits in the fourth.
John Logan reached on an one-out double in the fifth and came around to score to give the Falcons 11-0 lead in the fifth, but things got sloppy for the Falcons when the Seminoles plated three runs off three errors to extend the game into the sixth inning.
Hodges, Tanner McCollum, and Ben Fooshee scored in the top of the sixth to give the Falcons a 14-3 lead. Antwune Freeman scored in the bottom half of the inning, but Hodges struck out two of the next three batters to seal the victory.
Ingomar strung together nine hits while Smithville only managed three on the night.
Hodges also had a solid night at the dish going 2-for-2 with two singles, reached on a pair walks and scored three runs. Fooshee 2-for-3 with a pair of singles and reached on an error and scored two runs. McCollum scored a trio of runs and Logan added two while Austin Gregory, Clay Kidd, and Preston Broom added one run each.
Brett Bridges was saddled with the loss for Smithville.
Ingomar is scheduled to take travel to Tremont on Tuesday before returning home for a double-header against Tremont and Calhoun City on Friday, but Mother Nature might have the final say in the Falcons’ week.
About Chris Elkins
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County selects Service First Champion July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner July 29, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series