NAHS splits doubleheader, EU/WU fall
East Union traveled to Ackerman on Saturday, where they fell to East Webster 19-1.
The Urchins had a 10-0 victory over Walnut Thursday night, as Casey McBrayer only allowed one hit in the game.
That same defense could not be found against East Webster, as they mounted 21 hits in the game to the Urchins 3. East Union also fell to Ackerman on Saturday, 15-1.
“We’ve been playing good, we’re just not swinging the bats like we should right now. We’re lucky to be 6-4 right now,” Urchins head coach Chris Basil said.
East Webster’s offense posted 10 runs in the first inning, as East Union would only have one run in the third inning off of Craig Bullock’s double.
Bullock was the only Urchin to have multiple hits, as he had two of East Union’s three for the game.
Dustin Pratt picked up the loss for East Union, who is now 6-4 on the season.
“We faced two teams this weekend, and they just swung the bats well,” Basil said. “It wasn’t that we made a lot of mistakes, they were just that much better than us that day. Baseball is a funny game.”
East Union will have a home stand this week, as they will host Belmont, Baldwyn and Myrtle.
The Bulldogs split their weekend games, defeating Alcorn Central 6-4 and falling to Saltillo 5-2.
Joshua Googe had the win in the first game, as Googe, Drew Wray, Sawyer Wheatley, and Taylor Goode all had multiple hits in the game, and Andrew Ballard had a double, while Cody McCullough’s homerun helped in the win.
New Albany got on the board first with three hits in the second, and Alcorn answered in the fourth, posting four runs. The Bulldogs fifth inning would be the difference, as they had three runs and were able to hold Alcorn for the remainder of the game.
Each team had 11 hits, while Alcorn recorded an error.
New Albany fell in their second game versus Saltillo. Wheatley and McCullough each had doubles for the Bulldogs, but they were only able to post three hits for the game, while giving up 11 to fall to 5-4, 0-2 in division play.
The Bulldogs will host Shannon Friday night before taking on Tishomingo County and Corinth on the road on Saturday.
Also in action over the weekend, the Eagles fell to Corinth 15-4. Taylor English had the loss, as he gave up six runs.
West Union had five runs, led by Hunter McQuary’s double, while Caleb English had multiple hits.
The Eagles will be on the road during the week versus Hickory Flat and Potts Camp before hosting Ingomar and Bruce this weekend.
About Chris Elkins
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...