Error-prone Ingomar drops 7-2 decision to Ripley
It wasn’t the end to the Spring Break the Lady Falcons were looking for as an uncommon error-prone performance helped Ripley pick up a 7-2 win in the North Pontotoc Tournament on Saturday.
Ripley took a 1-0 lead in the top of the first, but Natalie Frenn reached on a one-out tripled in the bottom of the fourth and tied the game when she scored on a sac fly to left by Shauna Grisham.
The wheels came off for the Lady Falcons in the top of the seventh when Ripley platted six runs on two hits and five errors. Frenn, who started on second due to tie breaking rules, scored from when Grisham reached on an error. The Lady Falcons couldn’t spark the bats to start a rally as the Lady Tigers turned a double play and a ground out to the pitcher to pick up the victory.
Ingomar only managed two hits in the form of a pair of triples from Grisham and Frenn.
Frenn was the pitcher of record giving up one earned run on two hits, one walk, and one hit batter. The Lady Falcons committed eight errors in the loss.
About Chris Elkins
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...