Anderson’s 55th wedding anniversary
Bill and Sue Anderson of New Albany celebrated their 55th wedding anniversary on April 1, 2009. They were married April 1, 1954 in Tupelo at First Methodist Church. They have a daughter named Nancy Kesselring (Jim) of Leesburg, Va., a son named Richard Anderson of Deys Gays, NC, and two grandsons Will Anderson (Whitney) of Jacksonville, Fla. and Jan Anderson of Deys Gays, NC. They had a private party at their home. They had their honeymoon at Chickasaw State Park in Henderson, Tenn. in 1954 and returned to the park for their 55th anniversary. The couple retained the original receipt from their wedding night in which the cost of the stay was $6 and the current cost is $78.
About Chris Elkins
- City will try for Christmas parade again next Tuesday at 6 December 6, 2016
- County supervisors hire three employees, discuss potential logging problems December 6, 2016
- Main Street Association sponsors Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Cooper Park December 6, 2016
- City sets new Christmas parade date for next Tuesday December 6, 2016
- Scenes from Myrtle’s Christmas parade December 6, 2016
- Museum, civic center to have holiday events this weekend December 9, 2016
- Old Gazette building going down after 44 years December 9, 2016
- Armed robber hits check store December 9, 2016
- West Union Homecoming Court December 9, 2016
- Postponed Christmas parade set for Tuesday December 9, 2016
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...