Freedom for religion, not from religion
Growing up as a young child and even today for most children, Easter morning means eggs and candy in a basket, a brand new outfit to wear to church, followed by the Annual East Egg Hunt.
All very similar, in a way, to Christmas, but without the eggs. The truth is, (and the truth will set you free) time for all mankind changed with the birth and death of Jesus Christ over 2,000 years ago when He was crucified, died, buried in a tomb and arose from the dead three days later! Now, whether you are a Christian or not, you abide by the universal time frame of BC and AD.
The definition being this: BC does actually mean before Christ’s birth while the AD is a Latin phrase “anno domini” meaning, “in the year of our Lord.” It is interesting to note that the purpose of the BC/AD dating system was to make the birth of Jesus Christ the dividing point of world history.
Personally, I have always kept it simple, as most people also do; BC, before Christ and AD, after death. Now, with such a profound change as to making this birth and death a dividing point of world history, why in the world would people, along with much of the media today…and really throughout history, try to disclaim the Son of God as just another prophet? Even our own country, so blessed by God, is moving rapidly in this direction and to the point of saying, God, The Creator of all, does not exist.
Check the history, folks, because it records that when people of any country move in the direction of denying God, they fall…and fall hard. Let me just pose a question. Are we, in the U.S., heading that way? You be the judge.
Our Government has ruled that talk of God, prayer, the Ten Commandments and teaching of Christianity being our country’s foundation, (also contested, without proof) is now illegal! I think you understand where we are headed. The question is, what do we do to stop the fall of the most blessed and greatest county ever. God made that answer very simple when He led His people out of bondage thousands of years ago. Obey the Ten Commandments. I don’t think we would have the troubles we are having today if we would do just that one thing He commanded us to do. Christianity is not forced, we have a choice. Jesus Christ, God’s only Son, was His gift to us.
The apostle Paul said to tell the story and then let God deal with the heart. If we are to save this country, we need to pray for a revival. God has said if we pray for it, He will send it. We did not see too much protest when the prayer went up in the public arena during 911. Why wait for a tragedy? It may be that during this Easter season, we “believers” may wake up to the truth and stop letting the non-believers have their way and stand up for what really made us a free Nation. Freedom for religion, not from religion.
All this from an imperfect, strong believer in God and His gift to the world…His only begotten Son. If we believe in Him, we will have everlasting life. Folks, life is short, short as a vapor, according to the acclaimed, wisest man that ever lived…Solomon. We may just want to do more that just hunt Easter Eggs this year.
Paul Ott is host of the weekly Radio And TV Show, “Listen to the Eagle.”
Contact Paul Ott
About Chris Elkins
- First-graders tour career and technical center October 25, 2016
- Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann to be guest speaker at Business-2-Business program Thursday October 25, 2016
- Grand jury hears near-record number of cases October 25, 2016
- ‘Sharing at Christmas’ sign-up under way but contributions not yet coming in October 25, 2016
- Yes, Haunted Forest has evil clowns October 25, 2016
- East Union vs Potts Camp Football Photos October 26, 2016
- Division Dominance October 26, 2016
- County officials extend burn ban October 25, 2016
- Section of Main Street closed for repairs October 25, 2016
- Pastor faces sex charges October 25, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...