Lady Eagles split v. Pine Grove
The Lady Eagles find themselves in a familiar position, as their season comes down to a game three match-up. Last season, West Union played a decisive third game in every round of the playoffs, and after Saturday’s doubleheader with Pine Grove, will do so once again on the road at Pine Grove.
West Union took the first game, 5-1 after scoring four runs in the sixth. Down 1-0 in the fourth, the Lady Eagles plated their first run, then tacked on their insurance runs to take the win.
Danielle Taylor picked up the win, giving up one run on three hits, while the Lady Eagles had four hits.
Kimberly Jumper was the lone player with multiple hits for West Union, including a triple.
In game two, west Union got on the board first only to have Pine Grove bring in five runs in the second. Down 7-2 in the sixth, West Union had three runs in the final two innings, but could not complete the comeback.
Brittany Taylor had the loss, giving up seven runs on five hits, while West Union had six hits in the game. Each team also had six errors.
Leah Paige Goolsby and Jessica Gates had multiple hits, including a homerun by Goolsby. Claire Wilkerson contributed with a double.
Game three of the series will take place on Tuesday at Pine Grove with the winner advancing to the third round versus Smithville starting on Thursday.
About Chris Elkins
- First-graders tour career and technical center October 25, 2016
- Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann to be guest speaker at Business-2-Business program Thursday October 25, 2016
- Grand jury hears near-record number of cases October 25, 2016
- ‘Sharing at Christmas’ sign-up under way but contributions not yet coming in October 25, 2016
- Yes, Haunted Forest has evil clowns October 25, 2016
- East Union vs Potts Camp Football Photos October 26, 2016
- Division Dominance October 26, 2016
- County officials extend burn ban October 25, 2016
- Section of Main Street closed for repairs October 25, 2016
- Pastor faces sex charges October 25, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...