Lady Eagles split v. Pine Grove
The Lady Eagles find themselves in a familiar position, as their season comes down to a game three match-up. Last season, West Union played a decisive third game in every round of the playoffs, and after Saturday’s doubleheader with Pine Grove, will do so once again on the road at Pine Grove.
West Union took the first game, 5-1 after scoring four runs in the sixth. Down 1-0 in the fourth, the Lady Eagles plated their first run, then tacked on their insurance runs to take the win.
Danielle Taylor picked up the win, giving up one run on three hits, while the Lady Eagles had four hits.
Kimberly Jumper was the lone player with multiple hits for West Union, including a triple.
In game two, west Union got on the board first only to have Pine Grove bring in five runs in the second. Down 7-2 in the sixth, West Union had three runs in the final two innings, but could not complete the comeback.
Brittany Taylor had the loss, giving up seven runs on five hits, while West Union had six hits in the game. Each team also had six errors.
Leah Paige Goolsby and Jessica Gates had multiple hits, including a homerun by Goolsby. Claire Wilkerson contributed with a double.
Game three of the series will take place on Tuesday at Pine Grove with the winner advancing to the third round versus Smithville starting on Thursday.
About Chris Elkins
- Blood donations urgently needed in the final weeks of summer August 23, 2016
- Local resident report being victim of jury duty scam August 25, 2016
- Tanglefoot Trail good, but needs more signs August 25, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes August 25, 2016
- Eastern Lights August 25, 2016
- Friday Night Lights: Deep ball upends Bulldogs August 26, 2016
- Urchins tame the Lions in shutout win August 25, 2016
- Easy riding ahead August 25, 2016
- County schools still among top in state August 25, 2016
- Rickey Scaggs to headline Tallahatchie RiverFest in Oct. August 25, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...