Lady Eagles end season versus Smithville
The Lady Seminoles proved why they are one of the best teams in the north, as they swept West Union over the weekend to advance to the North Half finals this week.
West Union started the series on the road Thursday and held a 2-0 lead before Smithville answered and took over the game.
Leah Paige Goolsby brought in the first run for the Lady Eagles, as Claire Wilkerson walked to start the game, followed by a single by Kimberly Jumper.
West Union’s second run came on a single by Wilkerson. The two hits in the first two innings were the only ones allowed by Smithville, as the Lady ‘Noles won 4-2.
Smithville took the lead in the second, as they had three runs off three hits, and started their scoring with two outs, with an error scoring the first two runs.
Danielle Taylor had the loss for West Union, as she gave up four runs on nine hits. Errors hurt the Lady Eagles, as they had three in the game.
Saturday’s game two mirrored the opening showdown, as West Union again took the early lead at 3-0 after the first, but Smithville worked their way back in, cutting the deficit to one after two innings, then exploding for a seven-run third inning en route to a 14-7 win.
West Union’s offense produced more hits in the second game, as they had six to Smithville’s 11, but five errors hurt the Lady Eagles in the loss.
Kami Roberts picked up the win in the circle, while having three hits in the game to lead Smithville, who improve to 24-2.
Kimberly Jumper and Danielle Taylor had multiple hits for West Union, including a triple by Taylor, who again pitched for the Lady Eagles.
West Union’s season comes to an end at 15-7, and the Lady Eagles have a lot to look forward to in 2010, as they will only lose one senior in Stephanie Hall. West Union will boast a strong, experienced line-up, including eight seniors.
About Chris Elkins
- Watkins is DAISY nursing award winner November 29, 2016
- Myrtle Christmas parade will be Friday night November 29, 2016
- Community holiday meal expected to feed 1,200 Dec. 17 November 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- New Albany Garden Club December 1, 2016
- Chamberlin loses county but wins election December 1, 2016
- Finally, no flooding December 1, 2016
- Myrtle Tree of Hope to add local children December 1, 2016
- Library program offers book gift idea for the holidays December 1, 2016
- NA Christmas parade may still be in the works December 1, 2016
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...