Lady Eagles end season versus Smithville
The Lady Seminoles proved why they are one of the best teams in the north, as they swept West Union over the weekend to advance to the North Half finals this week.
West Union started the series on the road Thursday and held a 2-0 lead before Smithville answered and took over the game.
Leah Paige Goolsby brought in the first run for the Lady Eagles, as Claire Wilkerson walked to start the game, followed by a single by Kimberly Jumper.
West Union’s second run came on a single by Wilkerson. The two hits in the first two innings were the only ones allowed by Smithville, as the Lady ‘Noles won 4-2.
Smithville took the lead in the second, as they had three runs off three hits, and started their scoring with two outs, with an error scoring the first two runs.
Danielle Taylor had the loss for West Union, as she gave up four runs on nine hits. Errors hurt the Lady Eagles, as they had three in the game.
Saturday’s game two mirrored the opening showdown, as West Union again took the early lead at 3-0 after the first, but Smithville worked their way back in, cutting the deficit to one after two innings, then exploding for a seven-run third inning en route to a 14-7 win.
West Union’s offense produced more hits in the second game, as they had six to Smithville’s 11, but five errors hurt the Lady Eagles in the loss.
Kami Roberts picked up the win in the circle, while having three hits in the game to lead Smithville, who improve to 24-2.
Kimberly Jumper and Danielle Taylor had multiple hits for West Union, including a triple by Taylor, who again pitched for the Lady Eagles.
West Union’s season comes to an end at 15-7, and the Lady Eagles have a lot to look forward to in 2010, as they will only lose one senior in Stephanie Hall. West Union will boast a strong, experienced line-up, including eight seniors.
About Chris Elkins
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...