Eagles tomahawk Seminoles
The Eagles did not give in after falling in game one of their series versus Smithville, as West Union took the series to advance to the North Half semifinals this week.
West Union fell 15-8 Thursday night to the Seminoles, despite an attempt to comeback.
Down 13-3, the Eagles posted four runs in the third inning, but that was the last time they would score in the game, as Devin Brock took the loss on the mound.
“I reminded them that this is a three game series,” Eagles head coach Ashley Russell said of his talk to his team after the game one loss. “Games are not won or lost in the first game, and I also reminded them that we started off this season 1-8, and we ended well, so we just needed to focus.”
On the road Friday, the Eagles responded to their coach’s words by shutting out the ‘Noles 7-0 to tie the series and force a game three at West Union on Saturday.
The Eagles jumped to a 3-0 lead after three innings in the third game, but Smithville posted two runs to cut the deficit to one. West Union would add on an insurance run in the bottom portion of the inning, and neither team would score again in the game.
Taylor English picked up the win, allowing two runs off three hits, while belting a home run to help lead West Union to the North Half semifinals this weekend.
Now 14-11, the Eagles will face off against the 16-8 Calhoun City Wildcats, who defeated Wheeler last weekend to advance.
“I don’t know much about them,” Ashley said of the Eagles next opponent. “I know that they’re well coached and they’ve made it far in the playoffs before, so that shows that they’re experienced. I just hope that we continue to play well, and I think it will be a great series.”
Game one of the series is set for 6 p.m. on Friday.
About Chris Elkins
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- The Playhouse July 28, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- ‘Paid in Full’ to give 25th anniversary concert July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series
- ‘Paid in Full’ to give 25th anniversary concert