Hello to you all and may God bless you today. By the time you read this it will be Easter weekend, so happy Easter. From the looks of things the dogwood and redbud will have lost their beautiful blossoms but they have been so very pretty.
Betty Camp called a few days ago and told about a wonderful person by the name of Kelly Roberts who had done a couple of good deeds. Kelly works for the Keownville Water Association and is a very honest person. It seems on his route at two different times he had found billfolds with money and things all of us carry around and he returned them to the rightful owner. Thanks to you Kelly for your honesty and good work.
Happy birthday this week to Mary Jane Mize, Candace Jarvis, Sara Brown and Kenneth Robert.
Charles and Virginia Baker had an Anniversary April 5th.
Some members of the Pleasant Ridge Baptist Church went to Ripley last week and presented their African mission trip to members of the Tippah-Benton Association Brotherhood. Those going were Betty Smith, Vicki Cook, Erin Algee, Travis Decanter and Jennifer Wilson.
Betty Smith visited with Johnnie Bell Thursday afternoon.
Betty Camp fell and broke her ankle recently. We hope for her a speedy recovery.
Doug Yarbrough was back in his place at Pleasant Ridge Baptist Church Sunday after several weeks recuperating from a broken hip he received when he fell at work.
The families of the late Gene and Maude Hill met at the Calvary United Methodist Church Saturday afternoon for a family reunion. They also celebrated Norman Hill’s birthday. There were about 42 in attendance. Every family was represented.
Oakview Baptist Church on Country Road 270 is sponsoring a ladies conference April 18. The speaker is Maria Podbereski from Stuart, Virginia. There will be a love offering for her at the service. Please call 534-2565 or 534-6975 if you plan to attend. Lunch will be served at noon.
There will be sunrise service at Oakview Baptist Church at 6 a.m. Sunday morning. The men of the church will cook breakfast after the service.
Family day at Oakview went very well. Everyone enjoyed the singing by the Rowlands from Pigeon Forge, Tennessee.
We had a good day at Palestine Baptist church Sunday. Brother Ronnie Owen brought a message from Psalms. The monthly birthday dinner followed the service.
Best wishes to Sonya Hall who will have surgery this week.
Visiting with Johnnie Bell during the week were Sammie Jones of Oxford and Bill and Carla Townsend of Pearl.
Mrs. Deana McCord was able to be in church yesterday morning. Here is hoping you continue to improve.
About Chris Elkins
- City will try for Christmas parade again next Tuesday at 6 December 6, 2016
- County supervisors hire three employees, discuss potential logging problems December 6, 2016
- Main Street Association sponsors Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Cooper Park December 6, 2016
- City sets new Christmas parade date for next Tuesday December 6, 2016
- Scenes from Myrtle’s Christmas parade December 6, 2016
- Museum, civic center to have holiday events this weekend December 9, 2016
- Old Gazette building going down after 44 years December 9, 2016
- Armed robber hits check store December 9, 2016
- West Union Homecoming Court December 9, 2016
- Postponed Christmas parade set for Tuesday December 9, 2016
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...