Hello to you all and may God bless you today. By the time you read this it will be Easter weekend, so happy Easter. From the looks of things the dogwood and redbud will have lost their beautiful blossoms but they have been so very pretty.
Betty Camp called a few days ago and told about a wonderful person by the name of Kelly Roberts who had done a couple of good deeds. Kelly works for the Keownville Water Association and is a very honest person. It seems on his route at two different times he had found billfolds with money and things all of us carry around and he returned them to the rightful owner. Thanks to you Kelly for your honesty and good work.
Happy birthday this week to Mary Jane Mize, Candace Jarvis, Sara Brown and Kenneth Robert.
Charles and Virginia Baker had an Anniversary April 5th.
Some members of the Pleasant Ridge Baptist Church went to Ripley last week and presented their African mission trip to members of the Tippah-Benton Association Brotherhood. Those going were Betty Smith, Vicki Cook, Erin Algee, Travis Decanter and Jennifer Wilson.
Betty Smith visited with Johnnie Bell Thursday afternoon.
Betty Camp fell and broke her ankle recently. We hope for her a speedy recovery.
Doug Yarbrough was back in his place at Pleasant Ridge Baptist Church Sunday after several weeks recuperating from a broken hip he received when he fell at work.
The families of the late Gene and Maude Hill met at the Calvary United Methodist Church Saturday afternoon for a family reunion. They also celebrated Norman Hill’s birthday. There were about 42 in attendance. Every family was represented.
Oakview Baptist Church on Country Road 270 is sponsoring a ladies conference April 18. The speaker is Maria Podbereski from Stuart, Virginia. There will be a love offering for her at the service. Please call 534-2565 or 534-6975 if you plan to attend. Lunch will be served at noon.
There will be sunrise service at Oakview Baptist Church at 6 a.m. Sunday morning. The men of the church will cook breakfast after the service.
Family day at Oakview went very well. Everyone enjoyed the singing by the Rowlands from Pigeon Forge, Tennessee.
We had a good day at Palestine Baptist church Sunday. Brother Ronnie Owen brought a message from Psalms. The monthly birthday dinner followed the service.
Best wishes to Sonya Hall who will have surgery this week.
Visiting with Johnnie Bell during the week were Sammie Jones of Oxford and Bill and Carla Townsend of Pearl.
Mrs. Deana McCord was able to be in church yesterday morning. Here is hoping you continue to improve.
About Chris Elkins
- Urchins host Hamilton in Thursday’s home opener August 25, 2016
- Macedonia news August 30, 2016
- Hurricane news August 30, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news August 30, 2016
- IRS warns of back-to-school scams; encourages students, parents, schools to stay alert August 30, 2016
- Local schools do well in ACT test results August 30, 2016
- County sets public hearing for coming year’s budget August 30, 2016
- Union County Health and Rehab receives top rating from CMS August 30, 2016
- American Legion to sponsor Patriot Day program Sept. 9 August 30, 2016
- Labor Day holiday to affect community services August 30, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...