“Let the whole earth praise the Lord.” I do believe this is what is happening here in Ellistown. The trees and flowers are getting prettier each day and wildlife is venturing out to taste the new buds of Spring. Yesterday, I watched two squirrels hang upside down while eating the tender new buds. I consider myself a country girl, however, I had never seen them hang by their back feet to reach the food from shaky small limbs. That is when I wished for a high speed camera to get the picture of the year.
I visited Jo Nell Coker in the hospital at Tupelo last week. She is such an amazing person in that she seemed cheerful and was telling me about her “train conductor’s cap” she wears sometimes, since losing her hair to chemo. She was sporting a yellow cap while I was there and kept us laughing. While typing this Monday morning, I received a phone call on our prayer line that Jo Nell is very sick. Also, that Buple Childress became ill at church and was taken home.
Lynda Mae Bishop and daughter Lacretia Wilkison, and granddaughter Carrie Wilkinson, spent last week in Florida and arrived home on Saturday.
Mildred Roberts recently fell and injured a vertebrae in her back.
Deepest sympathy again to Charles and Debra Tate in the loss of Debra’s mother who raised her. I understand they had just returned home from Arkansas after the death of her son and, of course, had to return to Arkansas. Let us remember them in our prayers.
My sinuses seemed non-stoppable last Sunday morning and I called our assistant teacher Peggy Humphreys to teach Sunday School for me, and I appreciated it very much. Carolyn Roberts told me there was a total of eleven present.
Our church is having a Sunrise Easter Service at 7 a.m. on April 12th. Breakfast will follow the service and there will be no Sunday School. Our Adult Choir will present their Cantata, “In the presence of Jehovah” at 10:30 a.m.
Since I missed church last Sunday, I noticed in the bulletin that I not only missed a good sermon but I missed Brother Dexter Griggs’ solo at the early service plus Ken and June Briggs at the second service. I also noticed over fifty prayer requests listed in the bulletin.
About Chris Elkins
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...