New Albany native serving her country during holidays
New Albany native Sgt. Samantha Summers is serving her country and Union County overseas this holiday season at Camp Liberty in Baghdad. She is the treatment noncommissioned officer in charge of the brigade’s medical operations team. Summers serves with the 926th Engineer Brigade, Multi-National Division. She also serves as one of the 926th Engineer Brigade’s personal security detachment medics.
Summers ensures that all soldiers are up-to-date on immunizations and tracks all medical treatments of all 926th Headquarters and Headquarters Company Soldiers. “I enjoy what I do. I feel like I fit in more with the military,” said Summers.
Summers lives a daily motto of “Live your life with no regrets.” “If you live your life with no regrets, you have the opportunity to see what happened instead of wondering what might have happened,” said Summers.
She left in March 2008 and will be returning March 2009. Summers graduated from South Pontotoc High School in 2004. She originally enlisted in the U. S. Army Reserves in 2003, went to basic training in 2004, then reenlisted in September 2008 for another six years.
She is the daughter of Denise Summers of New Albany, the sister of Corey Summers of Pascagoula, Miss., the granddaughter of Ernest and Barbara Winborne of Pontotoc, and the niece of Debbie Corder of New Albany. Her mother said, “We want her to know that we are all very proud of her. “
About Chris Elkins
- County budget adopted with no change September 22, 2016
- Faulkner readers urged to just ‘keep on goin’ September 22, 2016
- County still among lowest in unemployment September 22, 2016
- Bank donates clock to Cooper Park September 22, 2016
- School board races shaping up September 22, 2016
- Ollie Otter teaches kids to buckle up September 27, 2016
- Supervisors try again on bridge contract September 27, 2016
- Main Street drainage work delayed September 27, 2016
- NAES students study Constitution September 27, 2016
- Tell us what you want the news to be September 27, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...