Brother Bobby and Debbie were on vacation last week in the mountains, in North Carolina, so Sunday morning Brother Gerald brought the message. That night he brought a video, one of Ken Davis’s sermons about sheep that the church family enjoyed. The Irvins were back for the evening service.
Congratulations to Lizzie Higgins who won Superior in State Bible Drills and quick drills and to her brother, Bubba who also won Superior in State Bible Drills.
The church family is interested in the play-offs for the high school baseball teams. West Union has three of Philadelphia’s members on the team: Luke Wait, Wesley Jumper and Andrew Coffey.
A dream came true for me last Friday. Melody began writing Christmas entertainment for the grandchildren to perform when Audra, Tahya and Cherry were very small. As the number of grandchildren grew, the programs were longer and better each year. They did their shows on Christmas Eve night before we opened presents. One night after a performance I told our four children, “You need to get a bus and put Melody and these grandchildren “on the road.”
They didn’t, but Tahya didn’t forget so when her two girls were small she realized the talent they had. They began singing and were invited to churches, schools, clubs, etc. to entertain. She told Kevin they could dream or do something, so they rented Sparkman Auditorium at the AG: Museum in Jackson for a Friday matinee and night show.
The band Starlight Sound, a group of talented musicians in the area, began practicing with them, saw their talent and got excited about the show.
The ticket sales were encouraging.
Friday afternoons matinee, “Stepping out with Candy Lee and Camea” became a reality. They had a large audience and a larger one for the night show.
The response was overwhelming and they have already begun working on the next one.
About Chris Elkins
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- The Playhouse July 28, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- ‘Paid in Full’ to give 25th anniversary concert July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series
- ‘Paid in Full’ to give 25th anniversary concert