Brother Bobby and Debbie were on vacation last week in the mountains, in North Carolina, so Sunday morning Brother Gerald brought the message. That night he brought a video, one of Ken Davis’s sermons about sheep that the church family enjoyed. The Irvins were back for the evening service.
Congratulations to Lizzie Higgins who won Superior in State Bible Drills and quick drills and to her brother, Bubba who also won Superior in State Bible Drills.
The church family is interested in the play-offs for the high school baseball teams. West Union has three of Philadelphia’s members on the team: Luke Wait, Wesley Jumper and Andrew Coffey.
A dream came true for me last Friday. Melody began writing Christmas entertainment for the grandchildren to perform when Audra, Tahya and Cherry were very small. As the number of grandchildren grew, the programs were longer and better each year. They did their shows on Christmas Eve night before we opened presents. One night after a performance I told our four children, “You need to get a bus and put Melody and these grandchildren “on the road.”
They didn’t, but Tahya didn’t forget so when her two girls were small she realized the talent they had. They began singing and were invited to churches, schools, clubs, etc. to entertain. She told Kevin they could dream or do something, so they rented Sparkman Auditorium at the AG: Museum in Jackson for a Friday matinee and night show.
The band Starlight Sound, a group of talented musicians in the area, began practicing with them, saw their talent and got excited about the show.
The ticket sales were encouraging.
Friday afternoons matinee, “Stepping out with Candy Lee and Camea” became a reality. They had a large audience and a larger one for the night show.
The response was overwhelming and they have already begun working on the next one.
About Chris Elkins
- Blood donations urgently needed in the final weeks of summer August 23, 2016
- Local resident report being victim of jury duty scam August 25, 2016
- Tanglefoot Trail good, but needs more signs August 25, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes August 25, 2016
- Eastern Lights August 25, 2016
- Friday Night Lights: Deep ball upends Bulldogs August 26, 2016
- Urchins tame the Lions in shutout win August 25, 2016
- Easy riding ahead August 25, 2016
- County schools still among top in state August 25, 2016
- Rickey Scaggs to headline Tallahatchie RiverFest in Oct. August 25, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...