Brother Bobby and Debbie were on vacation last week in the mountains, in North Carolina, so Sunday morning Brother Gerald brought the message. That night he brought a video, one of Ken Davis’s sermons about sheep that the church family enjoyed. The Irvins were back for the evening service.
Congratulations to Lizzie Higgins who won Superior in State Bible Drills and quick drills and to her brother, Bubba who also won Superior in State Bible Drills.
The church family is interested in the play-offs for the high school baseball teams. West Union has three of Philadelphia’s members on the team: Luke Wait, Wesley Jumper and Andrew Coffey.
A dream came true for me last Friday. Melody began writing Christmas entertainment for the grandchildren to perform when Audra, Tahya and Cherry were very small. As the number of grandchildren grew, the programs were longer and better each year. They did their shows on Christmas Eve night before we opened presents. One night after a performance I told our four children, “You need to get a bus and put Melody and these grandchildren “on the road.”
They didn’t, but Tahya didn’t forget so when her two girls were small she realized the talent they had. They began singing and were invited to churches, schools, clubs, etc. to entertain. She told Kevin they could dream or do something, so they rented Sparkman Auditorium at the AG: Museum in Jackson for a Friday matinee and night show.
The band Starlight Sound, a group of talented musicians in the area, began practicing with them, saw their talent and got excited about the show.
The ticket sales were encouraging.
Friday afternoons matinee, “Stepping out with Candy Lee and Camea” became a reality. They had a large audience and a larger one for the night show.
The response was overwhelming and they have already begun working on the next one.
About Chris Elkins
- Watkins is DAISY nursing award winner November 29, 2016
- Myrtle Christmas parade will be Friday night November 29, 2016
- Community holiday meal expected to feed 1,200 Dec. 17 November 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- New Albany Garden Club December 1, 2016
- Chamberlin loses county but wins election December 1, 2016
- Finally, no flooding December 1, 2016
- Myrtle Tree of Hope to add local children December 1, 2016
- Library program offers book gift idea for the holidays December 1, 2016
- NA Christmas parade may still be in the works December 1, 2016
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...