Hill, Price named top two Ingomar seniors
Ingomar Attendance Center has announced their Class of 2009 Valedictorian and Salutatorian- Suzanne Nicole Hill and Alejandro Corey Price.
Hill will represent the class as the 2009 Valedictorian. She is the daughter of Connie and Charles Potts of Ingomar. Her sibling, Zachary, is in the fourth grade at Ingomar, and she is the granddaughter of Ralph and Nan Hill, Belle and Loyd Wilhite and Shelia and James McDonald, all of Ingomar.
With a 3.95 grade point average, Hill will attend Northeast Community College, where she will enroll in the two-year dental hygiene program.
Among her many activities, Hill is a member of SADD, Senior Beta, FBLA, Anchor Club, Math and Science and was selected as Treasurer of the Student Council. She was also a member of the Lady Falcons slow pitch softball team.
A member of Poolville Baptist Church, Hill is active in the church’s youth group.
While she was involved in several activities, her fondest memories come from hanging out with her friends and playing softball her senior year, and she hopes to remain a role model for her younger brother.
“I hope to finish college and be successful,” Hill said. “My advice for my fellow students is to never settle for less than what you can do.”
Following Hill is Price, who is the Salutatorian for the Class of 2009.
Price is the son of Guillermo and Deborah Tirado and the older brother of Felix Price, a freshman at Ingomar.
Finishing with a 3.94 grade point average, Price will continue his education at Northeast Community College and the University of Mississippi, where he will study psychology.
He is a member of Senior Beta, Math and Science, FBLA. Price placed second in the state FBLA competition and will compete nationally and also placed in the top ten in Math and Science at Northeast in 2008.
Hanging out with his friends is among his favorite activities outside of school, and Price has high hopes for his fellow students at Ingomar.
“My advice for the students is just to do the best that you can do,” Price said.
Ingomar will hold their Commencement Ceremony on May 21st at 8 p.m.
About Chris Elkins
- Blood donations urgently needed in the final weeks of summer August 23, 2016
- Local resident report being victim of jury duty scam August 25, 2016
- Tanglefoot Trail good, but needs more signs August 25, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes August 25, 2016
- Eastern Lights August 25, 2016
- Friday Night Lights: Deep ball upends Bulldogs August 26, 2016
- Urchins tame the Lions in shutout win August 25, 2016
- Easy riding ahead August 25, 2016
- County schools still among top in state August 25, 2016
- Rickey Scaggs to headline Tallahatchie RiverFest in Oct. August 25, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...