Hill, Price named top two Ingomar seniors
Ingomar Attendance Center has announced their Class of 2009 Valedictorian and Salutatorian- Suzanne Nicole Hill and Alejandro Corey Price.
Hill will represent the class as the 2009 Valedictorian. She is the daughter of Connie and Charles Potts of Ingomar. Her sibling, Zachary, is in the fourth grade at Ingomar, and she is the granddaughter of Ralph and Nan Hill, Belle and Loyd Wilhite and Shelia and James McDonald, all of Ingomar.
With a 3.95 grade point average, Hill will attend Northeast Community College, where she will enroll in the two-year dental hygiene program.
Among her many activities, Hill is a member of SADD, Senior Beta, FBLA, Anchor Club, Math and Science and was selected as Treasurer of the Student Council. She was also a member of the Lady Falcons slow pitch softball team.
A member of Poolville Baptist Church, Hill is active in the church’s youth group.
While she was involved in several activities, her fondest memories come from hanging out with her friends and playing softball her senior year, and she hopes to remain a role model for her younger brother.
“I hope to finish college and be successful,” Hill said. “My advice for my fellow students is to never settle for less than what you can do.”
Following Hill is Price, who is the Salutatorian for the Class of 2009.
Price is the son of Guillermo and Deborah Tirado and the older brother of Felix Price, a freshman at Ingomar.
Finishing with a 3.94 grade point average, Price will continue his education at Northeast Community College and the University of Mississippi, where he will study psychology.
He is a member of Senior Beta, Math and Science, FBLA. Price placed second in the state FBLA competition and will compete nationally and also placed in the top ten in Math and Science at Northeast in 2008.
Hanging out with his friends is among his favorite activities outside of school, and Price has high hopes for his fellow students at Ingomar.
“My advice for the students is just to do the best that you can do,” Price said.
Ingomar will hold their Commencement Ceremony on May 21st at 8 p.m.
About Chris Elkins
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...