I saw Frances Gardner in town this week and it is always good to renew old acquaintances every now and then.
Our community was saddened this week when word came that Steve Hood, State Trooper was killed in a car accident Friday afternoon. Our sympathy goes out to this precious family.
A cousin, Ellen Clark was buried at Fellowship Friday. May God bless all of you.
We would like to remember the family of Bon Jean Caldwell who was buried at Hopewell Saturday morning. Bon Jean was a co-worker at Irwin Manufacturing Company for many years.
Visiting with the David Easley family this week were Kenny Easley, Randy Pannell, John and Mary Chunn and Austin.
Ola Messer is home after about two weeks at North Mississippi Medical Center. She called today, Saturday, and said she was feeling fine. She always likes to have calls from her friends and visits too. Mr. and Mrs. Billy Williams and daughter visited her Saturday afternoon. They were here from Jackson for the funeral of their Aunt Bon Jean Caldwell.
Congratulations to Ben and Michelle Hall on the arrival of their daughter Elizabeth Joan, May 4, 2009. She is the granddaughter of Butch and Barbara Cobb and great granddaughter of Jimmy Cobb and granddaughter of Danny and Norma Hall of Martintown.
Danny and Angie Fitts, Trevor, Nathan and Richard spent the weekend with Lynn and Shirley Fitts.
Happy birthday to Millie Chism, Claudette Tigrett, Wesley Wilson, Bill Bell, Patrick Johnson and Neely Hall.
Happy Anniversary to Wayne and Jan Kent and Doug and Euala Yarbrough.
Alice White fell last week and broke both shoulders. She is having surgery this Monday morning on her shoulders.
Best wishes to Hilton Richey who is not feeling very well.
The descendants of Earl and Tessie Whitten met at the home of Jimmy Dean and Kay Whitten Sunday for a family reunion. There were approximately 65 attending.
Brother Brady Scott was the visiting evangelist and Jeff Crews was the music minister at Pleasant Ridge Sunday for their last day of Revival.
The Mission Team at Pleasant Ridge had a nice crowd out for their fish fry Saturday night.
Polly Foster called this morning and reported a class reunion was held at Taylor’s Place Saturday night for their graduating class. There were 11 members present and 17 counting the spouses that were there.
Best wishes to Charles Harrison at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County. He has been there several days and is very sick.
I feel I must say a few words about Steve Hood. He was a good friend to my late husband, Paul. Paul loved deer hunting as did Steve and if that Volkswagen was on the road when Steve came out of the woods he would never leave until Paul came out and Steve knew he was alright.
About Chris Elkins
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County selects Service First Champion July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner July 29, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series