Rascals’ fall short versus Dealers
Davis Horton paced the Dealters, as they defeated Tallahatchie 4-2 Tuesday night. Horton, the reigning player of the week out of Oxford, went 3-for-4 with an RBI double in the win.
Horton’s double came in a scoreless fifth, as Joel Rich reached on a double prior to Horton’s at bat.
Up 2-0 in the sixth, North Delta would tack on two more runs in the sixth, as Patrick Strack started the inning with a single. After an error by the Rascals, Strack scored. A double by Joseph Blair plated the Dealers last run in the contest.
Tallahatchie responded in the seventh with two runs of their own. David Williams and John Stephens started with back-to-back singles, and a double by Chris Lucius would have plated Williams, but he was thrown out at home. Craig Bullock would have the big hit for the Rascals, as his doubles brought home Stephens and Lucius to cut the lead in half.
With their final chance in the ninth, Williams would start off again with a single, but the momentum was lost as Stephens hit into a double play.
Cody Kelley (2-1) had the win for the Dealers, pitching seven innings, giving up two runs off seven hits.
Jason Howell (2-1) had the loss for the Rascals, but recorded seven strikeouts in six innings of work.
Williams and Tyler Wilson each led Tallahatchie’s offense, going 2-for-4 on the night.
The Rascals will play again Monday night, as they will host the Jets, while the Dealers will take on the Thunder next Tuesday, July 6.
About Chris Elkins
- Blood donations urgently needed in the final weeks of summer August 23, 2016
- Local resident report being victim of jury duty scam August 25, 2016
- Tanglefoot Trail good, but needs more signs August 25, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes August 25, 2016
- Eastern Lights August 25, 2016
- Friday Night Lights: Deep ball upends Bulldogs August 26, 2016
- Urchins tame the Lions in shutout win August 25, 2016
- Easy riding ahead August 25, 2016
- County schools still among top in state August 25, 2016
- Rickey Scaggs to headline Tallahatchie RiverFest in Oct. August 25, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...