Rascals’ fall short versus Dealers
Davis Horton paced the Dealters, as they defeated Tallahatchie 4-2 Tuesday night. Horton, the reigning player of the week out of Oxford, went 3-for-4 with an RBI double in the win.
Horton’s double came in a scoreless fifth, as Joel Rich reached on a double prior to Horton’s at bat.
Up 2-0 in the sixth, North Delta would tack on two more runs in the sixth, as Patrick Strack started the inning with a single. After an error by the Rascals, Strack scored. A double by Joseph Blair plated the Dealers last run in the contest.
Tallahatchie responded in the seventh with two runs of their own. David Williams and John Stephens started with back-to-back singles, and a double by Chris Lucius would have plated Williams, but he was thrown out at home. Craig Bullock would have the big hit for the Rascals, as his doubles brought home Stephens and Lucius to cut the lead in half.
With their final chance in the ninth, Williams would start off again with a single, but the momentum was lost as Stephens hit into a double play.
Cody Kelley (2-1) had the win for the Dealers, pitching seven innings, giving up two runs off seven hits.
Jason Howell (2-1) had the loss for the Rascals, but recorded seven strikeouts in six innings of work.
Williams and Tyler Wilson each led Tallahatchie’s offense, going 2-for-4 on the night.
The Rascals will play again Monday night, as they will host the Jets, while the Dealers will take on the Thunder next Tuesday, July 6.
About Chris Elkins
- First-graders tour career and technical center October 25, 2016
- Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann to be guest speaker at Business-2-Business program Thursday October 25, 2016
- Grand jury hears near-record number of cases October 25, 2016
- ‘Sharing at Christmas’ sign-up under way but contributions not yet coming in October 25, 2016
- Yes, Haunted Forest has evil clowns October 25, 2016
- East Union vs Potts Camp Football Photos October 26, 2016
- Division Dominance October 26, 2016
- County officials extend burn ban October 25, 2016
- Section of Main Street closed for repairs October 25, 2016
- Pastor faces sex charges October 25, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...