Much needed upgrades to the electrical system, as well as other maintenance items, are being completed this summer at Ingomar Attendance Center.
The school gymnasium is being repainted and other routine maintenance items are being taken care of. But the big news is that improvements are being made to the school’s electrical system and a new intercom is being installed to replace the school’s antiquated metal bells and intercom system.
Kenny Roberts, Ingomar Attendance Center principal, said that sometimes the metal bells would not sound and students did not know when to change classes. The same was true during fire drills, “so we had to knock on each classroom door to notify each class,” he said.
The problems with the metal bells and intercom presented obvious safety and security issues should a real fire or tornado warning be sounded.
With the new system, which cost $12,000, Roberts and Elementary Principal Windy Faulkner can program specific tones for fire drills, tornado drills and other emergency alert drills. Each classroom will have its own intercom that allows office personnel, counselors or other faculty members to page a specific student in a specific class.
The electrical system upgrade includes improvements to the air conditioning system that also deals with a safety issue.
Roberts said that in the past “every time we had a program in the school auditorium, we had to stand on a ladder in the hallway next to the auditorium and reach up in the ceiling and flip a switch to turn the air conditioning on in the auditorium.”
We know that both students and their parents will be relieved that these issues, some of which have the potential to affect students’ safety, are being dealt with this summer.
About Chris Elkins
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 27, 2016
- Macedonia news July 27, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news July 27, 2016
- Required vaccinations safe and reliable July 27, 2016
- Local swimmers compete in long course state meet July 27, 2016
- Tax-free weekend coming up July 27, 2016
- Health officer reminds parents about required school vaccinations. July 27, 2016
- Supervisors ask for bridge redesign to lower construction costs July 27, 2016
- Get a year’s worth of news for only $29 July 27, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...