Cotton States All-Stars
Twenty-five athletes were named to the BNA Bank Cotton States League Sonic Drive-In All-Star roster, including three from Union County.
Brad Luna, Drew Dillard and M.J. McWhorter, all of the Tallahatchie Rascals, were selected by coaches and league officials to represent the North this weekend
The trio are of nine Rascals that were selected, the most by any team. Tallahatchie was followed by the North Delta Dealers, who placed seven. This comes as no surprise as the two teams are in a tight race on top of the CSBL North standings heading into the last two weeks of the inaugural season.
Dillard is currently batting eighth in the league at .320 and has a league-leading two triples.
McWhorter is tied for first with Tupelo’s Ladarrius Cole, as each have six doubles on the year. Both Dillard and McWhorter are tied for third in stolen bases with nine apiece.
Luna’s selection comes as he has a .204 earned run average, with an opposing batting average of .183.
Rascals head coach and Union Countian Chris Basil will lead the North All-Stars, and will be joined by his coaching staff of Buddy Hall and Tom Spencer, as well as other coaches to be named.
Myrtle’s Jimel Judon will also be participating in All-Star festivities this weekend, as he was one of nine selected for the Sonic Drive-In Home Run Derby.
All-Star festivities will take place this Saturday at 3 pm at Legion Field at the Sportsplex.
About Chris Elkins
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County selects Service First Champion July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner July 29, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series