Rascals fall 2-0 versus Tupelo
Tupelo needed only two runs to top the Rascals Tuesday night, as netiher team had a productive night offensively.
Tallahatchie started the game with their only two hits, as Lee Wilson and John Stephens had back-to-back singles, but neither David Williams or Ben Wallis could bring the runners home.
Tupelo scored their first run in the second, as the Thunder loaded the bases after Matt Lewis and Tyler Vuncannon were walked, and Whit Whitten singled. The third walk of the inning placed Ladarius Cole on base, while plating Lewis, making 1-0 in favor of the visitors.
The Thunder would add on their second run later in the sixth, after a single by Trey Spencer scored Rod Williams who was hit by a pitch to start the inning.
Jon Paul Barber (2-0) picked up the win, pitching a complete game, shutting out the Rascals and allowing only two hits with six strikeouts.
Austin Anderson (1-2) had the loss, but left in the third after hurting his akiles tendonin his planting foot.
The Rascals (11-5) will face Tupelo again on Thursday.
About Chris Elkins
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...