Rascals fall 2-0 versus Tupelo
Tupelo needed only two runs to top the Rascals Tuesday night, as netiher team had a productive night offensively.
Tallahatchie started the game with their only two hits, as Lee Wilson and John Stephens had back-to-back singles, but neither David Williams or Ben Wallis could bring the runners home.
Tupelo scored their first run in the second, as the Thunder loaded the bases after Matt Lewis and Tyler Vuncannon were walked, and Whit Whitten singled. The third walk of the inning placed Ladarius Cole on base, while plating Lewis, making 1-0 in favor of the visitors.
The Thunder would add on their second run later in the sixth, after a single by Trey Spencer scored Rod Williams who was hit by a pitch to start the inning.
Jon Paul Barber (2-0) picked up the win, pitching a complete game, shutting out the Rascals and allowing only two hits with six strikeouts.
Austin Anderson (1-2) had the loss, but left in the third after hurting his akiles tendonin his planting foot.
The Rascals (11-5) will face Tupelo again on Thursday.
About Chris Elkins
- First-graders tour career and technical center October 25, 2016
- Grand jury hears near-record number of cases October 25, 2016
- ‘Sharing at Christmas’ sign-up under way but contributions not yet coming in October 25, 2016
- Yes, Haunted Forest has evil clowns October 25, 2016
- Former city court clerk arrested October 25, 2016
- Urchins travel to Walnut for season finale October 27, 2016
- Ingomar swimmers to compete at state championships October 27, 2016
- East Union vs Potts Camp Football Photos October 26, 2016
- Division Dominance October 26, 2016
- County officials extend burn ban October 25, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...