Rascals fall 2-0 versus Tupelo
Tupelo needed only two runs to top the Rascals Tuesday night, as netiher team had a productive night offensively.
Tallahatchie started the game with their only two hits, as Lee Wilson and John Stephens had back-to-back singles, but neither David Williams or Ben Wallis could bring the runners home.
Tupelo scored their first run in the second, as the Thunder loaded the bases after Matt Lewis and Tyler Vuncannon were walked, and Whit Whitten singled. The third walk of the inning placed Ladarius Cole on base, while plating Lewis, making 1-0 in favor of the visitors.
The Thunder would add on their second run later in the sixth, after a single by Trey Spencer scored Rod Williams who was hit by a pitch to start the inning.
Jon Paul Barber (2-0) picked up the win, pitching a complete game, shutting out the Rascals and allowing only two hits with six strikeouts.
Austin Anderson (1-2) had the loss, but left in the third after hurting his akiles tendonin his planting foot.
The Rascals (11-5) will face Tupelo again on Thursday.
About Chris Elkins
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- The Playhouse July 28, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- ‘Paid in Full’ to give 25th anniversary concert July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series
- ‘Paid in Full’ to give 25th anniversary concert