Rascals fall 2-0 versus Tupelo
Tupelo needed only two runs to top the Rascals Tuesday night, as netiher team had a productive night offensively.
Tallahatchie started the game with their only two hits, as Lee Wilson and John Stephens had back-to-back singles, but neither David Williams or Ben Wallis could bring the runners home.
Tupelo scored their first run in the second, as the Thunder loaded the bases after Matt Lewis and Tyler Vuncannon were walked, and Whit Whitten singled. The third walk of the inning placed Ladarius Cole on base, while plating Lewis, making 1-0 in favor of the visitors.
The Thunder would add on their second run later in the sixth, after a single by Trey Spencer scored Rod Williams who was hit by a pitch to start the inning.
Jon Paul Barber (2-0) picked up the win, pitching a complete game, shutting out the Rascals and allowing only two hits with six strikeouts.
Austin Anderson (1-2) had the loss, but left in the third after hurting his akiles tendonin his planting foot.
The Rascals (11-5) will face Tupelo again on Thursday.
About Chris Elkins
- Urchins run over Royals September 24, 2016
- Eastern Lights September 29, 2016
- The Playhouse September 29, 2016
- New web site allows better public access to campaign finance reports September 29, 2016
- Church honors first responders September 29, 2016
- East Union opens division play at Byers September 30, 2016
- Headed to postseason September 30, 2016
- East Union Attendance Center 2016 Homecoming Court September 29, 2016
- City sales revenue continues upswing September 29, 2016
- First solar energy farm here gets PSC approval September 29, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...