New Albany Pilot Club welcomes new members
New members were initiated into the Pilot Club of New Albany meeting April 14, 2009. These members were Ginger Henry and Balinda Denton.
Anchor Clubs from Union County were present at the meeting. Anchor members from Union County include the following: Summer Smith, president at East Union; Chelsea Daniel, secretary, Suzanne Hill, president, and Austin Portis, treasurer, all of Ingomar; Elizabeth Day, president-elect, Mary Katherine Kitchens, secretary, Carly Grisham, president, all of New Albany.
Kitchens is also secretary of the district for Anchor Clubs of Mississippi.
Activities and community service projects that Anchor Club members are involved in are Angel Tree at Christmastime, Brainminders program, after-school programs, Special Olympics, volunteering at Tallahatchie Riverfest, Operation Christmas Child, volunteering at New Albany High School’s Life Skills class, Good Samaritan, visiting nursing homes, Frog-A-Nanny, collecting pop tops for New Haven School clients, and the recycling of cell phones for soldiers fighting in Iraq.
Jennifer Cobb, Pilot Club of New Albany president, announced that if there is a high school senior interested in becoming a member of the Pilot Club of New Albany, they can sign up with a senior provisional membership that will last for six years.
There is a plan to do the Brainminders program for all of the second grade classes at New Albany Elementary School and at all of the county schools. One student from each second grade class will win one bicycle helmet and one bicycle.
Cobb told the club that if the members or anyone else goes to the Web sites www.goodshop.com and www.goodsearch.com, a penny will be donated to Pilot Club International.
Officers were nominated for the 2009-2010 year. President will be Sarah Cook, the president-elect will be Collett Cross, the vice president will be Margaret Mclennan, the treasurer will be Donna Bridges, the secretary will be Prebble Foster, the immediate past president will be Jennifer Cobb, and the directors will be Denise Owen and Dorothy Denton. This was submitted by committee members Donna Bridges, Denise Owen, and Vickie Rowland. These nominations will be taken into effect July 1, 2009.
The club will reconvene May 12, 2009.
About Chris Elkins
- City will try for Christmas parade again next Tuesday at 6 December 6, 2016
- County supervisors hire three employees, discuss potential logging problems December 6, 2016
- Main Street Association sponsors Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Cooper Park December 6, 2016
- City sets new Christmas parade date for next Tuesday December 6, 2016
- Scenes from Myrtle’s Christmas parade December 6, 2016
- Museum, civic center to have holiday events this weekend December 9, 2016
- Old Gazette building going down after 44 years December 9, 2016
- Armed robber hits check store December 9, 2016
- West Union Homecoming Court December 9, 2016
- Postponed Christmas parade set for Tuesday December 9, 2016
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...