New Albany Pilot Club welcomes new members
New members were initiated into the Pilot Club of New Albany meeting April 14, 2009. These members were Ginger Henry and Balinda Denton.
Anchor Clubs from Union County were present at the meeting. Anchor members from Union County include the following: Summer Smith, president at East Union; Chelsea Daniel, secretary, Suzanne Hill, president, and Austin Portis, treasurer, all of Ingomar; Elizabeth Day, president-elect, Mary Katherine Kitchens, secretary, Carly Grisham, president, all of New Albany.
Kitchens is also secretary of the district for Anchor Clubs of Mississippi.
Activities and community service projects that Anchor Club members are involved in are Angel Tree at Christmastime, Brainminders program, after-school programs, Special Olympics, volunteering at Tallahatchie Riverfest, Operation Christmas Child, volunteering at New Albany High School’s Life Skills class, Good Samaritan, visiting nursing homes, Frog-A-Nanny, collecting pop tops for New Haven School clients, and the recycling of cell phones for soldiers fighting in Iraq.
Jennifer Cobb, Pilot Club of New Albany president, announced that if there is a high school senior interested in becoming a member of the Pilot Club of New Albany, they can sign up with a senior provisional membership that will last for six years.
There is a plan to do the Brainminders program for all of the second grade classes at New Albany Elementary School and at all of the county schools. One student from each second grade class will win one bicycle helmet and one bicycle.
Cobb told the club that if the members or anyone else goes to the Web sites www.goodshop.com and www.goodsearch.com, a penny will be donated to Pilot Club International.
Officers were nominated for the 2009-2010 year. President will be Sarah Cook, the president-elect will be Collett Cross, the vice president will be Margaret Mclennan, the treasurer will be Donna Bridges, the secretary will be Prebble Foster, the immediate past president will be Jennifer Cobb, and the directors will be Denise Owen and Dorothy Denton. This was submitted by committee members Donna Bridges, Denise Owen, and Vickie Rowland. These nominations will be taken into effect July 1, 2009.
The club will reconvene May 12, 2009.
About Chris Elkins
- First-graders tour career and technical center October 25, 2016
- Grand jury hears near-record number of cases October 25, 2016
- ‘Sharing at Christmas’ sign-up under way but contributions not yet coming in October 25, 2016
- Yes, Haunted Forest has evil clowns October 25, 2016
- Former city court clerk arrested October 25, 2016
- Urchins travel to Walnut for season finale October 27, 2016
- Ingomar swimmers to compete at state championships October 27, 2016
- East Union vs Potts Camp Football Photos October 26, 2016
- Division Dominance October 26, 2016
- County officials extend burn ban October 25, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...