New Albany Pilot Club welcomes new members
New members were initiated into the Pilot Club of New Albany meeting April 14, 2009. These members were Ginger Henry and Balinda Denton.
Anchor Clubs from Union County were present at the meeting. Anchor members from Union County include the following: Summer Smith, president at East Union; Chelsea Daniel, secretary, Suzanne Hill, president, and Austin Portis, treasurer, all of Ingomar; Elizabeth Day, president-elect, Mary Katherine Kitchens, secretary, Carly Grisham, president, all of New Albany.
Kitchens is also secretary of the district for Anchor Clubs of Mississippi.
Activities and community service projects that Anchor Club members are involved in are Angel Tree at Christmastime, Brainminders program, after-school programs, Special Olympics, volunteering at Tallahatchie Riverfest, Operation Christmas Child, volunteering at New Albany High School’s Life Skills class, Good Samaritan, visiting nursing homes, Frog-A-Nanny, collecting pop tops for New Haven School clients, and the recycling of cell phones for soldiers fighting in Iraq.
Jennifer Cobb, Pilot Club of New Albany president, announced that if there is a high school senior interested in becoming a member of the Pilot Club of New Albany, they can sign up with a senior provisional membership that will last for six years.
There is a plan to do the Brainminders program for all of the second grade classes at New Albany Elementary School and at all of the county schools. One student from each second grade class will win one bicycle helmet and one bicycle.
Cobb told the club that if the members or anyone else goes to the Web sites www.goodshop.com and www.goodsearch.com, a penny will be donated to Pilot Club International.
Officers were nominated for the 2009-2010 year. President will be Sarah Cook, the president-elect will be Collett Cross, the vice president will be Margaret Mclennan, the treasurer will be Donna Bridges, the secretary will be Prebble Foster, the immediate past president will be Jennifer Cobb, and the directors will be Denise Owen and Dorothy Denton. This was submitted by committee members Donna Bridges, Denise Owen, and Vickie Rowland. These nominations will be taken into effect July 1, 2009.
The club will reconvene May 12, 2009.
About Chris Elkins
- Blood donations urgently needed in the final weeks of summer August 23, 2016
- Local resident report being victim of jury duty scam August 25, 2016
- Tanglefoot Trail good, but needs more signs August 25, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes August 25, 2016
- Eastern Lights August 25, 2016
- Friday Night Lights: Deep ball upends Bulldogs August 26, 2016
- Urchins tame the Lions in shutout win August 25, 2016
- Easy riding ahead August 25, 2016
- County schools still among top in state August 25, 2016
- Rickey Scaggs to headline Tallahatchie RiverFest in Oct. August 25, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...