Lady Urchins fall short vs. Lady Vikings
East Union faced a tough opponent in their season opener, taking on the 4A North Pontotoc Lady Vikings. Using this game as a stepping stone, the Lady Urchins had a good showing, falling only 9-7, coming back late in the game.
The Lady Urchins scored the first run of the game, as a single by Sunnie Knighton plated Chelsea Kuhn, who reached earlier on a single of her own.
North Pontotoc scored the next five runs over two innings to take the 5-1 lead, led by Brittany Seale, whose RBI double and triple in the second and third innings scored three of the Lady Vikings’ five runs.
Up 5-2 in the fifth, the Lady Vikings would add four more runs, as they started the inning with three straight hits, and a single by Seale, along with a throwing error scored two of the runs. A single by Melanie Works plated North Pontotoc’s final run, giving them the 9-2 lead.
East Union responded in the bottom half of the inning, as Brittany Prewett and Chelsea Kuhn eached walked, and a two-out single by Rachel Elder scored the duo. Amy McCullough followed with a two RBI double, and a single by Ashley Leach scored Knighton, who reached on an intentional walk.
Those were the last runs scored by either team, as the Lady Urchins only managed one more hit, a single by Mallory Roberts in the seventh.
Seale led North Pontotoc, going 4-for-4 with five RBI, while Meggin Nelson went 3-for-4 and Taylor Cker and Melanie Works each went 3-for-5, each with an RBI.
Kuhn went 2-for-4 in the leadoff spot to lead the Lady Urchins, while Roberts (0-1) recorded the loss.
East Union, will all be in Ecru this weekend for the NP Tournament.
About Chris Elkins
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 27, 2016
- Macedonia news July 27, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news July 27, 2016
- Required vaccinations safe and reliable July 27, 2016
- Local swimmers compete in long course state meet July 27, 2016
- Tax-free weekend coming up July 27, 2016
- Health officer reminds parents about required school vaccinations. July 27, 2016
- Supervisors ask for bridge redesign to lower construction costs July 27, 2016
- Get a year’s worth of news for only $29 July 27, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...