Myrtle falls short versus Kossuth
Myrtle is looking to catch a break after several close losses to start the 2009 season. With Kossuth in town Monday, the young Lady Hawks stayed in the game, but again fell short, 8-7 in extra innings.
The Aggies started the game with two runs off of a double by Knepp and a single by Mayo. Myrtle scored their first run in the second after loading the bases off of a single by Brandi Smith and walks of Kandace Butler, Meshay Cox and Kaylee Farr.
Keely Chunn brought in the second run off of a single and Rhagen Hopper added the third with her hit, giving the Lady Hawks the lead.
Kossuth would score the next five runs over five innings, led by Stewart’s RBI triple in the third. With the game appearing to go to the Aggies, the Lady Hawks stormed back in the seventh to tie the game, sending it to extra innings. A two out single by Kiana Judon plated the first run, followed by an error scoring Hopper. An RBI single by Cox brought in two runs, tying the game.
Neither team would score in the eighth, and Kossuth scored the winning run, as Barnes reached second on a single and advanced on an error. Glidewell would score Barnes later in the inning.
Judon and Smith would reach base for Myrtle in the bottom of the ninth, but a double play and strikeout ended the game.
Smith led Myrtle with four hits, followed by Judon with three and Chunn and Hopper with two apiece.
Anna Leigh Coleman went 4-for-4 for Kossuth, while Knepp and Barnes each went 3-for-5 in the win.
Kossuth would also take on NAHS Tuesday night, picking up the 5-0 win over the Lady ‘Dawgs.
About Chris Elkins
- Watkins is DAISY nursing award winner November 29, 2016
- Myrtle Christmas parade will be Friday night November 29, 2016
- Community holiday meal expected to feed 1,200 Dec. 17 November 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- New Albany Garden Club December 1, 2016
- Chamberlin loses county but wins election December 1, 2016
- Finally, no flooding December 1, 2016
- Myrtle Tree of Hope to add local children December 1, 2016
- Library program offers book gift idea for the holidays December 1, 2016
- NA Christmas parade may still be in the works December 1, 2016
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...